Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Duramax and my problem I have is my cooliant is leaking out the overflow bottle when truck idles for long periods of time. Truck does not over heat no white smoke and no antifreeze in oil. Iam being told by people that it could be a head gasket problem. But iam having a hard time believeing that. I also have replaced the rad cap twice and still the same problem. I love my truck but its really starting to get too me>> ANY help????

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yep, sounds like a head gasket leaking. If it pressurizes the tank almost immediately after start-up, that is your problem. The early Duramax's have had problems with head gaskets from what I have read. Also, have you done an oil analysis to see if you have coolant in the oil or are you just looking at the oil?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
Sounds like head gaskets, but could be injector cups also?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heads reply

I have not had the oil analized yet it goes in on Monday I found a company here in Barrie Ont. That can Machine the heads so I guess Im going that root. Thats for all the info and help guys you rock....:drink

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Bummer if its the head gasket.. Do you know how many miles are on it? Or just Kilometers.

How do you like the d-max as a wrecker? I own a couple 6.5 wreckers a 94 and 96.. Also a 94 Kodiak rollback. There awesome! I'd like to get a newer wrecker but the only thing I dont like is they dont come with 19.5 tires unless you get a Kodiak. I tow heavy loads somtimes so I just think it will sway or wont feel as sterdy.

I kinda want to get away from the 6.5 sometime thought so I might look into a used newer Kodiak with the dmax as long as they come down in price.. Im also looking toward a Chevron, Jerr-dan, or Century bed NON repo style. I bought a truck wit a no-mar bed with vulcan type L-arms and hate them!

My second option is a 99+ Ford with the 7.3 :eek:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a wrecker

Love it runs like a champ fast the only thing I dont like about it it takes it a while to build speed out of the gate but other than that shes great. I would nuy another but it would be 4X4 since the jerradan is too lite for the snow and ice. I swaped the spoons and sliders for vulcan and took the sling off since I dont need it air bags are the best and frame forks. Hows the towing world where you live. I do love my truck but Im sad to say nothing pulls like the dodge.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts