Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Throughout my nightly aimless web browsing, I came across the Cooper Rugged Trek. Never heard of them before but they seem to tickle my fancy. Anyone on here have any experience with them yet? A search came up with nothing that I could see. Website reviews seem promising.

They don't have much by way of the 18s that are big enough for my liking on the OEMs but I do see a 35x12.5 r20 in load F 125 rating. My days of bouncing off rocks are over owning this truck but I don't like the thought of the embarrassment of possibly ever getting in to a situation I cant crawl out of. Snow and rain are def a North Jersey concern though

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,646 Posts
Those are at the top of my list right now. I'm a self professed Cooper fanboy, and these look good too. I talked to my local tire guy and he's put a few sets on HD trucks this summer and the feedback has been good. My rears are about done for, so I'm planning on a set of them in the next couple weeks. Just need to decide if I'm doing wheels at the same time or not.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which would be my issue as well. There's a guy on CL that has brand new ridge grapplers in 35 r18s asking 800, which fit my midnight LTZ OEM rims but has had them listed for 6 months. May throw the offer of 600 at him and see what happens. I do have rims in mind which would work for these r20s, but the budget wouldnt be too happy pulling the trigger on new shoes right now. I have the RC 3.5 level in the garage that is in my way - i just dont want it to look like I skipped leg day on these OEM duracraps

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
651 Posts
They are more of a light duty off road all terrain tire than a HD rated tire, look at the sizes and weight ratings they are minimal. Some day there may be more sizes and weight ratings, but for now they are a 1500 series truck tire.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are more of a light duty off road all terrain tire than a HD rated tire, look at the sizes and weight ratings they are minimal. Some day there may be more sizes and weight ratings, but for now they are a 1500 series truck tire.
In the 18s absolutely. The 20s though are available in an LT in 35s with load range F(2) with a 125Q rating @ 3640lbs

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,646 Posts
The load rating of the 35's is why I was considering them. I have baby tires on mine right now and want to get back to stock load specs on my tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts