Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
541 Posts
i have em in 305/40R22's. and traction wise...they're great so far. wet and dry. havent used em off road yet. I can't get them to blalance perfect either....so it shakes a bit annoying between 40-55 depending on the day. other then that they are great looking tires in person.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
coopers not bad

·
Registered
327 Posts
Had Cooper Discover ATR on my last truck. And loved them littel agressiv for a 2wd but i live in county so theos were need in the winter. A friend of mine has around 45k on the Discover STT. He loves them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a couple buddys that are running them on the new style pick ups, they look really good, and they like them. I think its my next choice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the replies ... anyone know if the zeon tire has any or much road noise ? I do not want a tire that has alot of roar !

Thanks , Trae

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put cooper winter tires on my wife's truck.It took 3 tries to get them balanced the first time and then they needed to be balanced about every 5k to keep them from shaking the truck apart.They were the worst tires I have ever had and would never buy their tires again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dont get them they look good but cant balance them truck shook all to hell discount tire even replaced all four and still couldnt get them to stop shaking.

·
Registered
506 Posts
i run the zeons in 265/75/16 there nice tire for the money. wearing pretty decent id buy again

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have them and 3 of my friends have them. They are great tires. I havent had any balancing problems nor have my friends.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had them on them on my last truck, I loved them. I only put about 5,000 miles on them then bought my duramax. They looked new though when I traded in the truck. They went everywhere I needed /wanted to go though. I would defiantly get them again though.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
10,000mi on the Zeons and one shimmys. I moved it to the back and things are better. I emailed Cooper and they pretty much said good luck - they are warrantied, but I ordered them online and Cooper said most shops aren't willing to help unless you bought them there. SO... local Pep Boys manager said he'll help if Cooper tells me what to have him do. I emailed back and got an irrelevant response. I'll have to try to get a phone call to them this week.

I'm looking at Hankook RF10's.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
One of my good buddies runs them on his 2006 Sierra Denali and at first he was a little skeptical, but now he absolutely loves them.

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
DO NOT GET GOODYEAR WRANGLER SILENT ARMOR PROGRADE TIRES... sry for all caps, but they are the worst wet traction tires i have ever owned.

·
Registered
100 Posts
regarding balancing issues: Just wondering when you guys had them balanced did you tell the shops NO WEIGHTS hammered on my nice rims? Because to balance the wide rims properly the weights need to be placed where the computer says so. If you only allow them to weight the inside rim or use stick on weights, it won't be perfect. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
had a couple of customers say was not much difference between ltz and nitto terra grappler,same noise same traction,ones with problem balancing,have you tried equal or balancing beads

·
Registered
118 Posts
i have them on mine 305/50/20 and i really havent liked them that much they are hard to get balanced usein the stick on weights and ride a little rough i have about 15k on them and might get 20k out of them

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re: Good Year tires. I have NEVER had a set of Good Year tires that I was happy with and I tried several different types on different vehicles. All advertising hype in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.