Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with Coopers custom solutions in Edmonton, Alberta?

I am looking at options for deleting my 09 LMM. I was going to go with Rob at ATP but I like the idea of having a tuner a bit closer to home. I am getting pretty sick of the regen cycles. It is about the same price for him to tune and install the EFI Live tuning and dsp5 switch as it would cost to order them online and install them myself.

Opinions please!

Thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
i just got rob and was more than happy with my choice . ATP has great customer service ! Go with someone reputable

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump!

I am also interested in Coopers. Anyone use him?

My dad recently bought tunes from him as he could hardly drive his LML, he hasn't had any problems so far and is really happy with Coopers.
Mitch is very helpful and knows what he is talking about. I will most likely get my tunes from him as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A guy that I work with has an "optimized stock" tune from him. just a single tune. he is happy with it.

I went with ATP, I am extreemley happy with them, the tunes are awesome and like others have said, the customer service is awesome. I had an issue with my tunes when they first showed up. I had the updated tunes in my inbox within 1/2 an hour of phoning them. Even if you had a local guy do them I don't think you could get an update that quick.

one thing that you would have to consider is cost. with ATP you do need to buy an auto cal or v2. with Cooper he comes to your truck and does it himself right there. so you may be able to save some money that way. (plus there wouldn't be the exchange)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Cdn_Blair,

I did some quick calculations and getting the 5 tunes from Coopers with a V2 and having them installed in my truck as well as the DSP5 switch worked out to be cheaper than getting the Tunes and V2 from ATP. So much cheaper that if I don't like his tunes (I think I will judging from a similar truck with 5 of his tunes that I drove) I can buy the tunes from ATP, put them on my V2 and put them in my truck for the same price as just getting them from ATP in the first place. This is mostly due to the exchange and coopers being very reasonable for the Flashscan. I have talked to Mitch a couple times now and for someone who hasnt given him any money yet he has gone out his way to help me. I will update once the tunes are installed and I have a chance to try them out

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got my 08 tuned last June by Mitch with the DSP5 and autocal. I've been very happy with the tunes and use #5, 90hp as my daily driver.
I've just purchased a new Duramax and have already contacted Mitch for the LML tune.
He's very knowledgeable and has great customer support.
Being from Edmonton, I would highly recommend his tunes!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Another guy you might want to check out is Westers Garage. Lyndon Wester really knows his stuff. He's in Tilley AB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my LML tuned by Mitch a month ago, really good guy to deal with, and more than happy with the tunes. I'll be a repeat customer.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Ask mtch how many motors he has blown up lately...

Wouldnt let that guy touch my truck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I deal with mitch on a week-week basis and he sponsored my LML and tuned it. I've ran ppei and motor ops in the past, and can honestly say his tunes are on par. They are everything you can ask for in tuning. Clean, smooth, reliable power. Him and his wife really know what they're doing with these engines, and they've grown and expanded quite quickly over the last year. They blow any of the other competitors out of the water when it comes to customer service. Texts emails and calls are answered immediately regardless of day or time. he's driven hours to help customers, and, if they make a mistake they fix it immediately and eat the cost. They are truly straight up honest people with a real passion for the industry and the drive to succeed. I would highly recommend them any time!

There are a large amount of duramaxes and cummins here in western Canada tuned by him. I also know of at least 12 or more reputable diesel shops across the west that exclusively offer his tuning with delete packages. I've heard nothing but good reports from the masses. There was the odd horror story of engine melt downs and blah blah blah, but any of the reputable tuners out there have the same odd horror story behind them and 9 times out of 10 those melt downs are caused by operator abuse or were result of a previously hurt engine being waged to sh** on a max effort tune day in day out. He can also get you setup in Canada cheaper then tuners north of the border because of the current dollar....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Idk if this is too old of a thread to bring up or not but I got mitches tunes through NADP in lloydminster and so far they are fantastic, blow my PPE away in every aspect. I have the dsp5 on my LBZ and my brother has a single tune on his 6.7 cummins both are great so far

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had my 08 LMM tuned with the ds5p at 240,000Km in June 2014. I gave the truck to my dad and now it resides in NB, enjoying it's retirement as it hears 300,000km. No problems !! Just pure power !

On my 2015.5 LML, this past Christmas I optioned for the compete exhausts overhaul at SWP Buick GMC, and got 5 tunes from Mitch. Stock, stock delete, 45hp,90hp and 120hp. I've been running stock delete since the exhaust delete as I'm waiting for the T87 TCM controller tune before I up any power.

What I can say about the stock delete tune is great added power, maybe 15-20hp and much improved fuel economy. In the first 12,000km before the delete/tune I averaged 16.6L/100 (75% highway / 25% city). Since the delete I've added another 14,000km and I've averaged 13.6L/100 @121km/h.

I'm hoping once the T87 is tuned and I add more power (likely the 90hp tune as a daily driver) I see even more improved fuel economy, in the ball park of 11.5L/100. All at 121km/h on 35.5's / 4.5" BDS Lift.

CCS will be getting my business a third time when that time comes.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have dealt with Coopers and have nothing but good things to say! I dealt with Andrew, he was quick to answer any questions I had. They got my EFI Live set up in a short time.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Thanks Cdn_Blair,

I did some quick calculations and getting the 5 tunes from Coopers with a V2 and having them installed in my truck as well as the DSP5 switch worked out to be cheaper than getting the Tunes and V2 from ATP. So much cheaper that if I don't like his tunes (I think I will judging from a similar truck with 5 of his tunes that I drove) I can buy the tunes from ATP, put them on my V2 and put them in my truck for the same price as just getting them from ATP in the first place. This is mostly due to the exchange and coopers being very reasonable for the Flashscan. I have talked to Mitch a couple times now and for someone who hasnt given him any money yet he has gone out his way to help me. I will update once the tunes are installed and I have a chance to try them out
Hey Fall just wondering if you got Mitches tunes installed and how you like them? Any feedback? I have been looking into delete and have talked with Mitch already very awesome customer service from what I have seen so far.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts