Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
X2 ^^
Asking a question like this without including the HP tune your wanting torque numbers on.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Mine go something like this.

Stage 1 548 15hp
Stage 2 573 30 hp
Stage 3 596 50 hp
Stage 4 648 75 hp
Stage 5 698 100 hp

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
:thumb
Good info for people wondering.

Me, I never cared all it is a number that won’t be close except for perfect dyno conditions.

The Edge Insight CS2/CTS2 has HP and Torque pids to monitor on your screen.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Me, I never cared all it is a number that won’t be close except for perfect dyno conditions.

This is great to know- thank you!

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
:wink2:
Both are probably better monitoring while towing or on the road, the numbers jump all over the place giving me a headache.
I changed to different pids to monitor, maybe until I tow for amusement purposes only. :smile2:

·
Registered
868 Posts

I wonder if anyone has actually ever compared the CTS2 HP/TQ #'s to that of the Dyno #'s to see if they were similar.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I honestly don't think any tunes work exactly as advertised. Since your conditions are so different from the tuner's conditions and many tuners don't even have any way to measure the results of their work it is more of a suggestion of what you may get rather than an actual promise. I think what really matters is that you experience a better drive with a tune than without.

That being said, some of the better tuners may actually have charts you can look at. If that is what you want then give them a call. I don't think that will have much to do with your driving experience though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts