Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I’m looking to get me a work truck and have been using friends GMC and really like it.
I was wondering is there really that much of a cost difference between Gas and diesel.
This will be my first Diesel so any help would be great.

Also I’m looking to get used. Anyone suggest a good mileage range and or Years I should be looking at

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
There really isnt that mutch of a difference.

Gassers dont get the wires changed normally just the spark plugs there a little expensive probably $100 for a tune up. On 2000 up I think there recommended to change every 30,000 miles and the fuel filter the same time. The oil intervals are 3,000 but take usually just 5-7 quarts.

Duramax needs a new fuel filter every 10,000 and 10 quart oil change every 5,000. Honestly maintnance wise there probably the same.

Now thats maintnence. If you want to compare the towing ratios and fuel mileage while towing..... :rolleyes:

On what year to get.. The 02-03 duramax has a 200,000 mile warranty on injectors and the 03+ has 100,000. Since the injectors cost a good bit of money its a good idea to but under warranty.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that what I needed to know. People alway say that is so much more to up keep a diesel but they last so long. Thats why I want one.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Once you own a diesel, you won't go back. As far as maintenance, it will cost you twice as much to do the scheduled maintence, but you do it half as often as a gasser. So, in the end it ends up costing about the same. BTW, 03 and older are covered under the 200,000 mile injector warranty. (special policy 04039) The engine warranty is 5 year/100,000 miles on all with a 100 deductable over 36,000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts