Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was crawling around under my truck not much else better so do and I found a few things that I wasn't two sure about.

First one is underneath on the drivers side of the motor I have no idea what it is or why it would be leavin or have oil on it
image.jpg

The second is from the exhaust clamp obviously it had to be tightened but whys it wet n gooey?
View attachment 70951

Thanks

Not sure if the pics will show up as this is my first attempt to upload pics... Rookie

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well ya its a senor but i cant figure out which senor, it is about 6 inches above the front side of the oil pan... ill take another pic, and ya the second one is oily soot i guess you could say but its right under where cab/box meet is it normal?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
image.jpg

The top sensor with blue clip

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump

·
jokerfabworx.com
3,662 Posts
Sorry for leaving you hanging. I went to bed.

It looks like it is just leaking from the sensor, not dripping from somewhere else? As far as the sensor is concerned, I would unplug it and try tightening it before assuming the worst.

What power level are you running?
Diesel soot + a bit of raw fuel (from high-power tunes) + heat + a bit of condensation = that colour, gooey mess seeping pass a loose clamp.

Joker:thumb

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay thanks ill tighten it tonight and clean it up and check it in a few days, I could really see any leaks higher up.

I ran hot for 3 days never hit wot, now I'm just running wild, I tightened all the clamps as much as I could cleaned it up and will check again when I check the sensor, I take it it's normal?

·
jokerfabworx.com
3,662 Posts
Okay thanks ill tighten it tonight and clean it up and check it in a few days, I could really see any leaks higher up.

I ran hot for 3 days never hit wot, now I'm just running wild, I tightened all the clamps as much as I could cleaned it up and will check again when I check the sensor, I take it it's normal?
I really haven't seen any leaking sensors/bungs on mine, but every truck is different. As for tightening "stuff", if you guys (Sask) have been having the kind of weather we (Alberta) have, might need to re-torque any recent installs.

Torque a bolt in a 15*C garage, drive around (getting it all hot), then park outside in -40*C, the bolt will need to be re-torqued once cool.

Like you said, keep an eye on it and report back.

Joker:thumb

·
Most Known Unknown
29,736 Posts
maybe use engine cleaner? or brake cleaner? or degreaser and scrub :)

wash, then drive it and see what leaks.......i bet after you saw this your going to be under the truck more checking!.......i know i do...

·
jokerfabworx.com
3,662 Posts
maybe use engine cleaner? or brake cleaner? or degreaser and scrub :)

wash, then drive it and see what leaks.......i bet after you saw this your going to be under the truck more checking!.......i know i do...
Your truck doesn't always leak.

But when it does, it leaks pure excellence.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah joker makes sense and that kinda what I figured, this is actually the second time retorqueing then so we will see what happens now.

Jeff get Jackie chan outta here!!! Haha took it off Hott cause I wanna put the pedal to the metal and me have no lift pump. And ya I've checked a few times since install haha doesn't hurt, but Fack hope nothing serious with that sensor, 2 weeks after annual check up and 1 week after performance installs, me probably no more warranty lol

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your truck doesn't always leak.

But when it does, it leaks pure excellence.
Haha couldn't of said it any better myself:)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts