Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'02 LB7 Allison

1: Today I was driving on the interstate, about 70mph, cruise on, with a hell of a cross wind, and when I would go up a hill as it would accelerate..the more load it was under there was a pretty loud knock/ticking sound. Never heard it under normal driving before. I know it's hard to diagnose a sound you can't hear but thought you guys might have some ideas.

2:Under very light acceleration, when it shifts, right after it shifts sometimes it will surge. By surge I mean the engine will rev up for a split second. Almost like a diesel "bark" heh.

Any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
'02 LB7 Allison

1: Today I was driving on the interstate, about 70mph, cruise on, with a hell of a cross wind, and when I would go up a hill as it would accelerate..the more load it was under there was a pretty loud knock/ticking sound. Never heard it under normal driving before. I know it's hard to diagnose a sound you can't hear but thought you guys might have some ideas.

2:Under very light acceleration, when it shifts, right after it shifts sometimes it will surge. By surge I mean the engine will rev up for a split second. Almost like a diesel "bark" heh.

Any help is greatly appreciated
1- the knocking can be from a lick of lubrication in the diesel. the new ULS fuel for 2007 has limited lube factors for the older engines. Have you recently switched fuel stops?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Since I've purchased the truck (only a month ago) I've been filling up at the local truck stop. They run that low sulfur stuff. Should I be running an additive?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No mods that I know of. Don't see anything under the hood to make me think it has any mods. Just purchased the truck from a dealership about a month ago. "GM Certified" : ) It also does seem under powered compared to a couple of other duramax's that I've ridden in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.