Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am fairly new to the Diesel Game we just bought a 2003 GMC 2500 stock.
my girlfriend said the a/c was not working so I finally got around to dealing with it tonight (sort of) I put my gage on it and it says it is fully pressurize. Now my problem it will cycle when it is on Defrost but as soon as I switch it to a/c it stops cycling. I have checked fuses. Any ideas on this one? I was thinking the controls in the cab maybe faulty???

Also I have been reading on up on the oil pressure cause I noticed is sits pretty low at idle when warm, it sounds common is there anything to worry about ? (not in the red)

thank you for your time!!!
:help

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Someone was posting a AC issue thread on how to reset the controls you make sure it's off remove the hvac fuse then start the engine let it run for a few minutes then plug the fuse I'n while running.....

Oil pressure needle low at idle is normal

·
Registered
51 Posts
I opened a big can of worms with my oil pressure gage in the dash. Later finding out it's the stepper motors in the gages on several years of gm trucks. Keep an eye on it, it'll start reading different all the time, sometimes 0 other times 120 and beyond. Them you'll know it's bad. I installed a mechanical gage to find this out. Hope this helps

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts