Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching through the archives here and haven't been able to find exactly what I was looking for...so I'm going to have to ask...

I just bought an 07 GMC 3500 with the LBZ. It has 215,000 so no warranty. I got it real cheap because it needed some work. The guy I bought the truck from said it had been parked for about a year after it started to knock and smoke after he got what he thought was some bad diesel. So, I took it down to a local shop and they found #6 injector to be bad and replaced it. They replaced all the filters,oil, and cleaned out the fuel system. The truck started up just fine. After running for about a min they turned it off to double check the oil level and after that it wouldn't start again. They think it might be a bad CP3 due to it sitting for so long with bad diesel, but aren't 100% sure cause they don't have a factory comp. So, I was wondering if there is a way to check the CP3 without the comp? Or...Could it just be the FPR or even something else? There are no codes present and all it does is turn over wiil not even attempt to start.

Sorry for the long post and if this is a noob question...I am new to the duramax world.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,914 Posts
I would prob change out the FPR as a CP3 is more costly.

With it sitting that long, unless they did a FULL cleanout of the full system, bad fuel may have been still present in the lines and got sucked throw the tiny hole there.

I think I paid like 75 bucks for a new one for mine.

Only thing I could think of for checking the fuel output of the CP3 is hooking it up to a programmer/EFI and checking fuel rail pressure...but I'm not sure if that will tell you if its bad or not. I'm sure someone else will know for sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I appreciate the feed back.

Yeah I would hate to just throw a new CP3 qt it if it's not the problem. Guess I'm going to have check into the FPR.

Is there a way to check if it's bad by ohming it out or something?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.