Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 lml with 84k and am doing a cp3 conversion. Was curious what other mods I can do while everything is out to get the most power/reliability as possible. I have a 165 lift pump, ppei auto agent tuning, s&b intake, pcv reroute, and resonator delete already done to the truck.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket Y bridge? Perfect time to add one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Definitely Y bridge and passenger side up-pipe unless you only have emissions-present tuning. Any rush to get everything back together or are you taking your time? I recently did the CP3 conversion back in August. This one is subjective but since I have a lift pump I removed the stock fuel filter to eliminate any issues with that system. Make sure you have the correct fuel lines in your CP3 conversion kit if you do this (some kits include the lines for keeping stock filter or removing it). When you're in there be sure to check in the valley for any signs of leaks/damage and clean all the debris out that may be in there, just take your time and be very careful not to drop any debris in the openings when removing parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely Y bridge and passenger side up-pipe unless you only have emissions-present tuning. Any rush to get everything back together or are you taking your time? I recently did the CP3 conversion back in August. This one is subjective but since I have a lift pump I removed the stock fuel filter to eliminate any issues with that system. Make sure you have the correct fuel lines in your CP3 conversion kit if you do this (some kits include the lines for keeping stock filter or removing it). When you're in there be sure to check in the valley for any signs of leaks/damage and clean all the debris out that may be in there, just take your time and be very careful not to drop any debris in the openings when removing parts.
I think PPEI only does emission present tuning. Not really in a rush since I am still ordering parts, but I am going to be doing a fuel filter delete and I plan on going with the fleece cp3 conversion with the powerflo 750 pump.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think PPEI only does emission present tuning. Not really in a rush since I am still ordering parts, but I am going to be doing a fuel filter delete and I plan on going with the fleece cp3 conversion with the powerflo 750 pump.
Yeah they only do emission present tuning. Make sure you get the Fleece Emissions Compliant CP3 conversion kit. If the truck is not deleted you won't be able to install an aftermarket Y bridge then. Best bet would be intake, lift pump, hot side and cold side intercooler piping, and a turbo inlet horn mouthpiece. Might be difficult to source the cold side intercooler pipe and turbo inlet horn because not a lot are compatible with emissions present trucks.

·
Registered
2015.5 Silverado 2500HD, full delete, Airdog 165, 5” straight pipe
15 Posts
I was looking into this as well. I had a buddy who said he needed to modify something while he did the cp3 as the conversion kit didn’t have everything. Anyone know what it was? I planned on doing this late spring or early summer. My plan is to put put the wcfab intake bundle on and new up pipes and new turbo. Anything you guys recommend or any surprises I might run into? I’m not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but I surely don’t want to pay the labor for this install.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
303 Posts
I was looking into this as well. I had a buddy who said he needed to modify something while he did the cp3 as the conversion kit didn’t have everything. Anyone know what it was? I planned on doing this late spring or early summer. My plan is to put put the wcfab intake bundle on and new up pipes and new turbo. Anything you guys recommend or any surprises I might run into? I’m not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination but I surely don’t want to pay the labor for this install.
It was probably to do with 9th injector feed. Some conversion kits don’t have that.

·
Registered
2015.5 Silverado 2500HD, full delete, Airdog 165, 5” straight pipe
15 Posts
It was probably to do with 9th injector feed. Some conversion kits don’t have that.
I believe mines already taken care of. So if that’s it then hopefully the kit comes with everything. I’m a little nervous to tackle it myself cuz I don’t wanna screw it up but gotta save somehow

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welp, the FPR had a few metal shavings in the screen so looks like to be safe I am going to be replacing everything. Still going with the flowpro kit and decided to do full weight reduction. After talking to a few vendors I decided to hold off on the intercooler piping and y bridge until upgrading the turbo, not sure if itll be an add on twin kit or upgrading the stock turbo. But in addition to the cp3 I will be adding a 4 inch exhaust, built transmission and brace.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sorry about that bad news. Doing all that work at the same time as the CP3 conversion is what I'd do myself if funds allowed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts