Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping some guys that have done this can chime in with hints and tips any special tools that might be needed egr is deleted so that pia is not a problem but wanna make sure I have everything I'll need before I tear it apart thanks in advance

·
Registered
545 Posts
There is a whole big thread dedicated to just this topic.
Have a read it's what I used for a reference when I did mine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Just helped a buddy do this the other day on an LGH. (cab and chassis detuned LML). Shoot me a PM if you want.

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
This is the fuel regulator from the CP4. Notice all the metal shavings. We never could figure out what the red flakes were? This would've had to come from AFTER the filter. Thought maybe it was a baldwin filter on it and he scraped it putting it on or something but it was an AC Delco. Doesn't matter now. Truck has an LBZ CP3 on it. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Damn I'm trying to get some debt paid off before I swap mine but those type of pictures make me want to just pull the trigger. I'm deleted now, around 90,000 miles and with no warranty starting to worry. There's no way I got 10gs laying around to drop on a entire new fuel system.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Hmm I'll have to take my regulator out and see if it's got shavings.. I just did the conversion also.. Here's a tool I made for one of the bolts that hold the pump in...pretty rough looking but did what I needed lol

Attachments

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Im pretty sure i know the bolt youre talking about. We ended up taking some chit apart to get to everything and had to bend some fuel lines. Also had a helluva time with a coolant tube on the drivers side.

First bit of advice i have for anyone doing this, if you get your kit from Fleece just THROW AWAY YOUR DIRECTIONS and use the DF lol. (not bashing fleece, just whoever wrote their very VERY vague instructions.)

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Damn I'm trying to get some debt paid off before I swap mine but those type of pictures make me want to just pull the trigger. I'm deleted now, around 90,000 miles and with no warranty starting to worry. There's no way I got 10gs laying around to drop on a entire new fuel system.
I wouldn't worry too much. This truck has had a hard life of towing heavy and not so good quality (sometimes red) fuel. He had some obvious signs too. Mainly it didnt have any power.

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok im getting mine from wc fab but looks like we might make a tool then lol

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Well I may have to just pull the trigger for some peace of mind. Thing that sucks is to be brutally honest i really don't have the space, tools, or the wrenching abilities to do this myself lol. I'm prob going to have to pay out the ass for labor.

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Where ya located Silver?

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I'm 45 minutes north of Harrisonburg Va. I have a good friend I went to school with, his dad and him own a shop near me. He pretty much does nothing but duramax and only Charges bout 65 70 an hour. Which isn't horrible but I know I could save so much more if I knew what I was doing. I'm far from that good with a wrench to do the swap though I won't lie to myself :rofl:rofl

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Well at least you know someone. If you were close to here i would've told you to come on over lol.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Haha I appreciate it thanks man. Hopefully I can fight the urge for a few months at least. Sorry op didn't mean to hijack your thread

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya that's what I'm worried about never done anything like this and my father in law has never worked on a diesel but he wants to help so well see how this goes

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just ordered my conversion kit and a sportsman pump its like Christmas now waiting for them to get here

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Right on man should be pretty sweet. If ya don't mind me asking I'd like to know how much it ran ya, you can pm me if ya want. One day I tell myself no get all your debt paid off. Then the next day I'm like screw it I need moar fuel and to not feel like I have a live grenade in my truck with the pin just propped ever so slightly in.:rofl

·
Goin broke in style.
656 Posts
Hell yea man. Keep us posted! If you dont mind saying, whered you end up getting it from?

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well im doing the conversion cause I can't drop 10k to get the truck running and the sportsman cp3 fuels past 3k rpm without losing pressure and out the door it cost me 1699+ shipping no cores

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.