Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who took his cp3 off of his 2012 cummins, he said that I could have it, instead of buying one I could just buy the conversion. My question is could I use his cp3 from a cummins and put it on my 2014 lml. This may have been a question before but I could not find it,any advice would be helpful thank you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not an expert by any means but my buddy has a 2008 cummins and he said the D-max pump is what they use to run dual CP3's on the cummins so apparently the D-max pumps flow more. Not sure what your goals are though.

·
Registered
2013, chevrolet duramax 3500, auto transmission. H&S mini maxx, 4" exhaust.
1 Posts
Bumping this old thread because i am in a similar position as the op with having access to a Cummins cp3 pump to replace my 2013 cp4 pump. I was speaking to an individual about this swap and they thought that the Cummins cp3 pump would rotate backwards to my cp4 pump rotation. Is there any truth to the Cummins cp3 pump rotating backwards to the cp4 pumps?

·
Registered
28 Posts
although they may be the same why would you go through the labor and put a used pump in? I know CP3's don't fail very often but why put used parts in a build that requires so much labor?

·
Premium Member
5,057 Posts
although they may be the same why would you go through the labor and put a used pump in? I know CP3's don't fail very often but why put used parts in a build that requires so much labor?
My feelings exactly.
Time to consider how pissed at yourself you will be if that pump fails andyou have to do that labor ALL OVER AGAIN, Just because you wanted to use the cheapo way out.

I don't mind doing any maintenance on my truck, , but I only want to do it ONCE!

Reactions: SheeB
1 - 5 of 5 Posts