Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went pulling last weekend and had a terrible showing. It seemed as though i had a stock truck again. Feels to me like im not getting enough fuel. I was told by a few guys that it seemed as though maybe my rail pressure was dropping but i havent had a chance to hook it up to EFI Live yet to check it out. Wondering if anyone has had similar problems and may have some insight or remedies.

Also, if it does turn out to be my CP3 what are anyones feelings on the modified CP3's out there versus dual??

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
1st off, you need to see what the rail pressure is doing.

Could be the FPRV, regulator, or CP3. How many miles? What kind of duration are you running/tune? LLY, LB7, or LBZ?

Modded CP3 is not needed unless at the top of your game, and then might as well go with dual cp3, but better have built lower end. IMO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got about 115,000 miles on it, its an '02 LB7, got my free injectors about 5000 miles ago, im running an efi live tune that is basically a slightly modified quadzilla 215 tune stacked with a hot edge. I haven't had any tune problems before though, ive been running the same setup for a little over a year now 6 - 1st place pulls and 3 - 2nd's so its worked pretty well for me. Thanks for the reply and any help that you can give :drink

·
Registered
699 Posts
how a bout a cloggin fuel filter?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Do you have a lift pump? You might need a lift pump to keep up with the demand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My problem is something has changed, my tuning has worked great in the past with no issues and all of the sudden it seems as though im running out of fuel. I havent changed ay tuning at all, and its had plenty of fuel up until now.

I would like to get a fass though.

Thanks for the responses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts