Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Cp3

3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  marshalldmax 
#1 ·
How big of a job is replacing the cp3 on an Lb7 and should i go back with a stock pump or get an lbz pump?

#3 ·
Depending on what your long term plans for the truck are, I would decide from there what kind of pump to go with. I have heard good things about Wicked Diesel injection pumps, but I'm sure those who know better than me can chime in and tell you whats good.

#4 ·
Iknow ill be goin with an upgraded turbo(probly htt 66) and probly bigger sticks when mine run out.. My goal is 500 to 550 just dont know how far in depth i wanna go..lol

#5 ·
You can make that power on stock fuel, and with a good tuner, a stock charger. With a htt 66, you will easily make that power with stock fuel. Not saying you shouldn't upgrade fuel, its just not necessary.

#6 ·
well i deff. need a cp3 mine has took a shit... i just rather go ahead and go big now in case i decide to have twins in the future lol.. Who sells the wicked diesel pumps?

#7 ·
Not sure. I would check with some of the site sponsors to see what they recommend. Holton (GuytonLBZ) from Alligator Performance is very knowledgeable, as is Dustin (sickdiesel) from ATPTrucks.com. Either one of those guys will get you set up real well.

#8 ·
Aight thanks man just put in a vendor request..

#10 ·
Is there anything else besides the pump that I will need?

#11 ·
depending on how many miles you have on yours a BRAND NEW stock one is gonna feel like a modded one anyways

if your replacing the cp3 might as well do the FPR while your in there.. start fresh on both

#12 ·
Well its got a brand new fpr just put it in abt a month ago.. I was just wondering if I needed any lines or orings or anything else I need to replace while im in there..

#13 ·
all needed should come with the new pump unless you buy used of a private party

#14 ·
Aight man thanks for tha info...

#15 ·
It never hurts to replace the supply fuel line and the banjo bolt washers on the hard return line at the FPRV and the passenger side injector return lines. The pump should come with the two o-rings on the adapter. We usually replace the thermostats as well since the top rad hose has to come off.

#17 ·
quick question? what the easiest way to tell if my cp3 is failing? i have all codes that its thrown in last week, and never have any problems, until on a decent incline bout 3/4 way up acts like turbo despools till i'm on top, i fig. it major fuel defuel, but i'm not a majore mech. either thanks in advance.

#18 ·
easiest way is to use the V2 and do a cp3 test... it'll sounds like straight up ass but it will test it

#19 ·
yea i know we checked my injectors when we put the efi in, since it has 280,000, but i doubt he checked cp3, planning on doin lil detuning soon, so hafta check that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.