Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched this forum and a number of others plus talked to Chevrolet and have not got a definitive answer. I've got a 2015 Silverado with 63K, all stock. Had the truck die on the highway. 2 week old fuel filter went all the way down to 0% on the monitor and I got a p128E code.

I've got a Powertrain limited warranty with 2 months left and a diesel engine limited warranty with 2 months left.

Anyone know if these cover the CP4 failure?

The truck is getting towed to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My bud had this happen to him. Yes they covered it. First thing they did was test for water in the diesel. When they found no water they covered the repair. He really had low mileage. 39,000 miles. But it was just a few months shy of the warranty running out. Mine failed also. At 103,000 miles. Not a happy camper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bud had this happen to him. Yes they covered it. First thing they did was test for water in the diesel. When they found no water they covered the repair. He really had low mileage. 39,000 miles. But it was just a few months shy of the warranty running out. Mine failed also. At 103,000 miles. Not a happy camper.
I really appreciate you taking the time to reply. That makes me feel a bit better knowing that some are getting covered under the PT warranty. When I called Chevrolet it went to an Indian call center. All I could get confirmation on was that the pump would be covered but possibly not anything damaged by the pump.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My beef about it is. My bid was 10,900 for the repair. Well if it was a one time deal ok I’d gripe, pay it, then just move on. But after that particular repair I think you are still in the same boat. The same thing could happen again. I went ahead and took a big hit and traded it in. Huge difference between the 2020’s and the 2015. I’m back to a big long note. But I really like the truck.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
I really, really, REALLY appreciate my lil ole 06 and its CP3 :p

Dont be to paranoid about the cp4, its not a super common thing, the digital age just makes it seem like a big problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2015 LML with 77k miles. It runs great now. Just found out about the CP4 issues. I'm installing a FASS fuel system, deleting the stock fuel filter and adding Hotshot XL4 to every tank of fuel. Will see if that saves the CP4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................no.
What ya mean? Replacing the stock with FASS TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES DIESEL FUEL LIFT PUMP 100GPH GM DURAMAX 6.6L 2015-2016 (TS C12 100G), using a FASS DURAMAX FUEL FILTER DELETE and a FASS FUEL PUMP SUMP. Much better than stock, easier to replace.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Terrible idea IMO of deleting the factory fuel filter. I do not run any lift pump, but maintain scheduled fuel filter changes when the DIC is at 25%. I only use Parker/Racor or Donaldson filters as well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you think cheap chinese filters are better than the OEM Delco fuel filter, you are mistaken.
Pretty sad that FASS even provides these filters that I've heard are meant for a fuel station pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back on the subject of the issue my truck had. While it fortunately turned out not to be the CP4 problem, it left me a bit concerned of future problems being that I'm 3 months from being out of my drivetrain and engine warranty. Is adding a lift pump an actual good preventative for the CP4 issue? I'm assuming the lift pump takes strain off the CP4 thereby adding longevity.

·
Premium Member
8,872 Posts
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................no.
Not that I disagree about deleting a factory fuel filter to save the cp4, but you’re getting to be as bad as CNN when it comes to editing post quotes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts