Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently cracked the housing and couldnt find many threads on how to go about the job all I could get was to pull the tranny. With no shop I decided to take the ballsy route and leave the tranny in and see how difficult it could be. With a few hours of frustration I can see why the job would be easier with it out of the truck. That being said it can be done if one has the patience and knowledge of how the tranny is supposed to pieced together. Your biggest concerns will be the clutch plates slipping out (they will) and the bearings moving the slightest bit if something doesn't seem right tear back apart and restart vaseline will be your best friend in this process. Be neat and meticulous where things go and how it lines up. The housing pins should line up perfectly and side on until it hits the springs. The bottom line is if you have a transmission jack and can take the tranny out then do it things will be a lot easier and safer but if not IT CAN BE DONE in the truck my transmission is shifting great and everything is perfect. Good luck!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts