Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 08 lmm in to the shop this afternoon to have the fluids replaced. I provided all the materials needed because I'm particular about what goes into my truck. Long story short the mechanic comes out and tells me the transfer case cracked when he tried to tighten the drain plug. The owner got involved and agreed to overnite a new case (1/2) to make the repair. Please don't tell me I should have done the job myself blah blah blah. I have a serious disability that precludes this. I'm happy the shop owned the problem and will make it right, but is there anything I can do to turn this negative into a positive? I just want my truck back and done properly.

·
Registered
846 Posts
While they are there get a pump rub kit. See if they will throw that in if you supply the labor!

No other real negative it is just something that can happen.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It an 08, it doesn't need a pump rub kit.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I know when mine comes down, I'm putting a rear support on it. Probably not needed, but worth the piece of mind.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
613 Posts
I don't really see a negative here they are replacing the case, sucks your out your truck for a few days but they are covering it. So I'd say it's pretty positive here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.