Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Crank no start unless FPR is turned up

490 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MIkey52 
#1 ·
Hello again everyone it's been a bit! Ok so a little lost on this one! Got an 04 that wouldn't start the guy had rebuilt hand priming pump thats when issue started so he had me put an air dog on it I did that and deleted fuel filter head assembly now I'm getting air somewhere still after it sits it wont start! Just went out this morning and messed with it again got the scanner and bumped FPR up while cranking and boom it started! Runs completely fine and starts right up but the longer it sits the harder it is to start. Any thoughts?

#2 · (Edited)
Yo Royce,

Been a few days now and gotta apologize on behalf of the Forum for crickets on this end. :(

Developments?

From your post count and signature line, this ain’t your first rodeo.

While I’m not a fan of boost pumps (that’s an Air Dog, right?) for unmodified Duramax, all your upgrades would seem to justify installation for added fuel flow.

On that subject, I’m sure you are aware the CP3 gets real unhappy with tank supply pressure above (?) since it’s usually pulling a small vacuum itself, force feeding too highly pressurized fuel can cause it to gag and misbehave (I know that’s what I do when I OD on beer.).

And hey, you got an LLY? Get outta here! :)

So anyway, how goes it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.