Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this to my 08 2500 HD and with a little trimming my 20's dont rub. My question is now when I hook up my 27ft enclosed trailer the truck sags in the rear under load. It rode perfectly level before I cranked the bars up. Will air bags level it back out if I buy them? If so what bags should I run? Ive been looking at air lift with the on board controls. Has anyone done this yet? When Im towing Im usually towing 7500 to 10000 lbs. I love the way it looks and rides, just want to fix the towing. Love to hear a reply from someone who has done this already.

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
If ya don't want to do airbags, a cheaper solution would be 1" blocks in the rear.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Bags will help your sag issue while towing definitely.

Airlift is the brand to go with. tons of guys around here run them with excellent results. I would recommend the on board air setup for them so you don't have to worry about them getting below 5psi and potentially hurting themselves, plus it just makes life easier.
I have personally installed a firestone kit without any issues, and its a quality kit as well, but when i throw bags on mine in a few months i'm going airlift.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Air Bags will do the trick - my truck settles about 1 3/4 inches when I hook up - I put 45 lbs in the bags to bring it back up about an inch or so.
I use the AirLift 5000 air bags.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
if u went from a stock height to a leveled truck it just looks like its sagging now, before gm had it compensated so that it looked leveled for towing purposes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts