It's BACK!! Running like a dream. :rof :drink :neener :rockin

·
Premium Member
55 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Woh, old thread. Almost forgot I posted it. :) They replaced all 8 injectors. Still running great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
03' 2500 6.6 duramax that won't stay primed. It will start sometimes for about 15-30 seconds. If u manually prime it under the hood, you can bleed some air oiut and fuel. While cranking U can push the primer really quickly and it tries to start and sometimes will but only for a moment. Is the Fuel pump out you think? I'm just limited with diesels!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. New user here and I've had the same problem with my 2001 Silverdado that has 230,000 miles. The problem turned out to be the plug that is used to bleed the system on top of the fuel filter. It happened about a month ago but started after I cranked with the accelerator pedal depressed. Today, after sitting for over a week, it started, then died and would not start. I tried bleeding the system and when I tightened the plug, the top broke off. It was apparently deteriorated because I didn't tighten it too hard. Picked up a new one at the Chevy dealer for $17 bucks, installed it and bled the system and it started right up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got an 03 gmc dmax that wont start. white smokes while cranking. i've replaced every sensor that has anything to do with starting. 8 new injectors. new ECM and FICM. even did a compression test. truck has 138,000 miles. Any suggestions???????
What was the fix?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got an 03 gmc dmax that wont start. white smokes while cranking. i've replaced every sensor that has anything to do with starting. 8 new injectors. new ECM and FICM. even did a compression test. truck has 138,000 miles. Any suggestions???????
Have you check the FPR?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts