Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got to thinkin and I would like to throw a straight axle under my truck or maybe just get rid of the t-bars and do coil overs...but I dont like the price of the kits...I have access to a full machine shop and between me and the guys I work with we can make just about anything. So..I am thinking about creating my own kit for either of the above and if it works good then making more of them to sell..for WAY cheaper than anyone else will sell them simple reason that I know theres alot of people that want to do this but cant afford it. anyone have any ideas or is anyone interusted? or am I just crazy?

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
It wouldn't be hard at all...finding angles that are acceptable for the links and room to fit them is the only issue doing stuff like that up front on any vehicle really unless you plan on lifting it somewhat...I say go for it

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Do it man, especially if you have some cool tools and the time. I would love to but I dont have any time right now and need a bigger shop. I think it could be done pretty easily and pretty cheap.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great idea! Never been happy with the torsion bars and A frames, particularly when lifiting the plow. I just think of all those parts rubbing together. Got to cause a problem eventually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts