Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install a single sub in a truck box behind my rear seat. Would like to keep total cost around $400 or less. Right now I am thinking about buying a single 12 (Probably a Rockford shallow mount) and putting it behind the seat rather than under the seat, because I havent seen many under seat setups for a single sub. Not looking to wake up the neighbors, just adding some bump to the stock bose system.

Anybody have pics of their setups? Id like to see some dual sub setups also. Cost is the only real reason Im going with a single sub.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
X2, I'd like to see a single sub setup too

·
Registered
485 Posts
i went to best buy and bought a rockford fosgate p3. they come in a box that fits almost perfect under the seat. i now have two of them one under each side of the seat. just pull up the bench and they fit almost perfect. you will have to pull out the jack under the one side and then just put your amp behind the seat. i can get pics if you want

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to best buy and bought a rockford fosgate p3. they come in a box that fits almost perfect under the seat. i now have two of them one under each side of the seat. just pull up the bench and they fit almost perfect. you will have to pull out the jack under the one side and then just put your amp behind the seat. i can get pics if you want
Is that just a normal wedge style truck box?
I would like to see a pic of that...

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I have a single 12 with box and amp for 250 plus shipping if your interested, it is a Memphis audio sub which in my opinion is better than my brothers Rockford p3's and sound much better then rockfords shallow setup. It was put in my old truck for 2 whole weeks, then I decided I no longer enjoy subs so it's been for sale. The box fits behind the seat.

·
Registered
485 Posts

here they are. the one started to rub as you can see so i had to turn the box around. for a setup that doesnt take any of the seat room i think they sound darn good. i had a W7 in my old ford. it was way loud but took up half the seat so for this setup they do good. they actually came with sub and box together as a package. sorry for the bad phone pics by the way.

·
Registered
485 Posts
ya thats them. i havent had any problems with them so far. like i said its nice because they dont take up any room. if im remembering correctly the jack is on the passenger side so if you put it behind drivers seat there is nothing to move just fold seat up lay the sub down and put seat back and your g2g. i tried both angles and it seems to sound better and hit harder facing up IMO.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya thats them. i havent had any problems with them so far. like i said its nice because they dont take up any room. if im remembering correctly the jack is on the passenger side so if you put it behind drivers seat there is nothing to move just fold seat up lay the sub down and put seat back and your g2g. i tried both angles and it seems to sound better and hit harder facing up IMO.
Do you have an aftermarket head unit?
I am looking at keeping my stock radio, so I am hoping to find an amp I like with high level inputs so I can avoid pulling the radio. Id like to tap into the rear speaker and be good to go. Looks like the rockford amp I was looking at doesnt have that though. What amp are you using?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have 3 Kicker cvr 8's behind my back seat in a ported box and fits nicely. My buddy has 3 Kicker cvr 10's behind his back seat. Amps are located under back seat in both trucks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
i have a 7inch flip pioneer. i would get a head unit if i was you i have never been a fan of going to the rears. honestly i cant remember what kind of amp id have to go look. its an off brand from ebay. i bought it when i had my W7 its like 3000watts or something. it does good for what it is

·
Registered
485 Posts
i thought about going the 8s route but the way everything fit with these it was the easiest way. i didnt have much time to mess with things

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have this set up in my truck behind the seat. I had a RF P300-1 watt amp on it but it wasn't enough so I went to a RF T-500bd1. Get the sub and encloseure add a RF PBR300X1 and set the sub for 1 ohm and rock out. I have had it since July of '08. I want more and am trying to figure out how to fit it but for a good entrylevel set up that sounds great you can't beat it in our types of trucks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
one thing i noticed is i thought the two subs i had would be loud outside of the truck but i was really surprised. these cabs hold in alot of noise. still rocks inside though.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
How much were they a piece?

·
Registered
485 Posts
i wanna say i paid 250 or 300 for each. they come sub and box together as a package

·
Registered
73 Posts
hey towmaster could you possibly post a picture of you box underneath the seat with the seat folded down in the sitting position? I want to buy that exact box but I want to see what it looks with the seat down, like rear footroom

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
hey towmaster could you possibly post a picture of you box underneath the seat with the seat folded down in the sitting position? I want to buy that exact box but I want to see what it looks with the seat down, like rear footroom
Ha! I already got one in my photobucket. Theres plenty of room back there. I had a friend who was 7 foot tall who sat there with no problem. :rockin

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts