Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Cruise Control works just when it wants to. It has been doing that for awhile. A friend of mine told me that she thinks it is a fuse. Is that even possible? I thought that once a fuse is gone it is gone. What say you?

This is his friend that posed the question, ventrman's wife. As it is, a truck I previously owned in Illinois had trouble with the cruise control and it turned out that when I took it to the chevrolet garage...I was told thatthe freaking fuse wasn't in right and that is what caused more then the cruise crontrol to act up. When they replaced the fuse, all worked well. thanks for your time.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
What year is your truck and how many miles do you have on it?

Chances are its your multi function switch (switch for wipers, turn signals, and cruise) The switch does so mutch and with so many wires alot of times a wire gets pinched and becomes damaged internally. I had to do a few before and ther a bugger. You have to take the steering column apart then alot lot of times you gotta take off your steering wheel and the wiring pig tail often goes way up and under the dash. :rant

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
You might also want to check the switch to your brakes. (by your brake pedal) If that flickers or makes contact, your cruise won't work as it is supposed to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts