Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im now daily driving my truck looking to get a better ride quality shoukd I swap fox shocks out for others or ditch the dual shock setup? Its a 6-8" cst with cst upper control arms and dual fox shocks with res.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Ditch the dual hoops. I did and am happier for it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And keep fox shocks? Also I haven't put much thought into if I take the hooP off what am I gonna need cuz I bought truck l

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May need some factory shock mounts haven't really looked into it yet

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
nope i ditched mine and went with fox 2.0 in the stock location just need ones correct for the amount of lift you have.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice I'm thinking on that what about billstien 5100s heard those ride soft

·
Registered
162 Posts
Take one of the shocks out and see how it rides. If it rides better the shocks have too much compression dampening in them and you can revalve them. Also you can try dropping the pressure in them to see if that helps them ride better. I find the fox shocks to be a little stiff from the factory.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
You want the fox 2.0 they ride way better then bilstein. I got rid of my bilsteins and its night and day improvment

·
Registered
122 Posts
Granted my lifted truck has bias ply 42s but i used those dynabeads and it made a huge difference, i actually drive the truck into town every now and then

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm not so sure I can just unbolt this hoop and install one shock in its place I looked at it and seems like the cst upper control arms have a welded mount for 2 shocks??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only thing I can think of is One of the shocks mounts on the uca's lines up to factory mounting then I guess you can run a single setup but not 110% sure anyone do this??

·
Registered
198 Posts
Take a pic, if you havent solved this already.

I have used a Single shock (from a dual shock setup) in the factory location. Needed a Shock Stem Eliminator which is like $20.

However I dont think the single shock has enough dampening, because the truck still is kind of bouncy, and takes more than one dip to recover from big bumps on the freeway. If that makes sense.

I wish fox was more "transparent" to the different options you can get with vavling, etc. When you call them they are kind of condescending. As if you need to know exactly what you want...

·
Registered
322 Posts
i have fox dual shock setup on my truck,hate it!!! went with fox shock in stock location and removed oil and nitogen in dual fox shocks so i could keep them on. they do look good i painted my shock hoops red

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have fox dual shock setup on my truck,hate it!!! went with fox shock in stock location and removed oil and nitogen in dual fox shocks so i could keep them on. they do look good i painted my shock hoops red
I find this so interesting, so many people un happy with the dual setup.

I am curious, How did you order them? Were they designed from fox to be used as duals? Also what didnt you like? too much dampening? What did it feel like?

For the single shock did you order a model specific for the truck? What is the difference in ride?

Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
no dampening options that i saw,just fox dual shocks for duramax diesel w/dual shock hoops. way too stiff,made the front end feel like it wasn't even moving. for the single shock i ordered a fox 2.0 for duramax w/8"lift. my truck rides soooo much better.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the zone 6" Im thinking about ordering the 7-9" Shocks incase i crank it up... Also the back has a 5" block... What do you think?

Did you go 2.0 with reservoir or w/o?

·
Registered
322 Posts
i like the bigger lifts,i'm running a fabtech 8" on mine. i am not a fan of big lift blocks in the rear,mine has 8" springs. i have seen blocks come out on certain occasions!!!! not pretty!!!! my fox's are w\o resi,too much junk for mud-branches-snow to stick to. i do a lot of goose-deer hunting and i'm always off road,less crap to clean up haha!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts