Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what i would need to do in order to get a common rail 5.9l cummins engine to work in a 2003 silverado 2500hd. i only really need to know about the electronics and computers. Or if anybody knows a place that does these conversions.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i think your on the wrong forum site.....

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
with all the electronics in the dash and all that tied in to the ecm it will be a pain in the arse i think

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
They make kits. Check out destroyed. Wrong site.... try getting help on cumminsforum lol... it gunna cost you a bunch...ask me how I know

·
Registered
751 Posts
he is asking about the electronics and stuff about the chevy so i think he is ok on this forum. you guys don't have to be jack a$$ about it. sound like a bunch of kids.

·
Registered
751 Posts
oh and one of are ROTH staff drives a ford so I think a cummins guys is ok to be here

·
Premium Member
2,905 Posts
he is asking about the electronics and stuff about the chevy so i think he is ok on this forum. you guys don't have to be jack a$$ about it. sound like a bunch of kids.
EHHHHH its more fun this way. I for one, truely have no idea what it would take as i would swap a cummins into a ford before a chevy:neener

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
What tranny do u wanna run. I would try and find a wrecked truck. I have well over 5 grand in my conversion. I went with a 12 valve p pumped... allison 1000 and np205. I wish I would have found a wrecked one and swapped. Much easier starting with almost everything u will need.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Not many people put the commonrail in a different truck. It's not as easy I guess. If you end up doing it then you should definitely post up pictures of it!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Sounds like an interesting project. I think the hardest part would be getting the gauges to read correctly. You would need a dodge fuel pedal, the complete wiring harness, and of course ecm.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Adapter plate and flywheel are not cheap. Around 1300 for the allison stuff

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
it realy isnt that hard to do..
FordCummins,Destroked or call up a friend of mine that has swapped 15-20 swaps himself and can help you get started with tons of information!
3306950000 his name is Blake..in truth the electronics arent the hardest part..

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Really really old thread but anyone know what came of this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts