Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Engine Y U No Run?
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was on my way back from a local archery shop and I saw this nice looking blue cummins with his blinker on to go left at an intersection. As soon as he looks over and see's my truck he flipped his blinker and goes right on red to follow me. As we come up on a straight stretch he floors it and tries to pass me. I flipped the DSP switch and turned up the heat on his @ss and murdered him by god knows how many truck lengths. I talked to him at the gas station afterwards and he said his clutch was going bad lol. He told me it was a 2001 24v 5spd with 100hp injectors, quadzilla adrenaline, and a bd turbo,lift pump etc..He asked what I was running and looked confused when all I said was EFI Live. I thought this would be a good race by the amount of smoke pouring out of his single stack. I mean my truck isnt lacking in black smoke but its unreal how much a cummins can smoke. I'm a cummins fan but there just wasnt even a comparison here. :cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
One down many more togo!!! Good job!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nice! I smoked a Cummins about 2 or 3 weeks ago from a stand still at a red light as well. I was pretty happy. Cummins can throw a ton of smoke as well, but it's mostly because they're manual and the guys just launch them.

·
Engine Y U No Run?
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One down many more togo!!! Good job!!
Thanks I look forward to it!

Nice! I smoked a Cummins about 2 or 3 weeks ago from a stand still at a red light as well. I was pretty happy. Cummins can throw a ton of smoke as well, but it's mostly because they're manual and the guys just launch them.
True that, I know quadzillia programming is pretty dirty too...At least my old stealth II was.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
NICE!!! i can't ever find anyone tryin to get me to run. I had a few people want to back when i had a f-150 with duals. but nobody even gives my truck a glance.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
In his defense if his truck was like my old one (which it sounds pretty close) it had 3.53 gears. I did alot of work to my cummins but until I dropped some gears in it all it did was roll a bunch of coal. Put 4.11s in it and it would roll but you really had to be able to bang gears to even keep up with my mild dmax that i have now (and NO it can't keep up, it just made it a better race).

·
Engine Y U No Run?
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NICE!!! i can't ever find anyone tryin to get me to run. I had a few people want to back when i had a f-150 with duals. but nobody even gives my truck a glance.
I know same here when I had my straight piped 1500, it was like everyone wanted to race. I dont get a lot of opportunities now

In his defense if his truck was like my old one (which it sounds pretty close) it had 3.53 gears. I did alot of work to my cummins but until I dropped some gears in it all it did was roll a bunch of coal. Put 4.11s in it and it would roll but you really had to be able to bang gears to even keep up with my mild dmax that i have now (and NO it can't keep up, it just made it a better race).
Thats actually a good point. I'm not saying all cummins are slow. I know of a TT 12v that would rape my truck :rof

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I have only had one car mess with me and it was a ricer before I got EFI and we were in traffic so I couldn't even really run on him

·
Registered
263 Posts
my old 01 dodoge was so nasty it was stupid, 62/71/13 turbo from elite, 7*10 smokem injectors, edge race comp, airdog, 5in exahaust. it was really just black out the road on a easy day.
man im i glad i sold that smokem peice.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I love how all cummins guys with quick trucks have a ten page list of mods and then a duramax that is equally as fast has like 4 mods at most!

·
Registered
263 Posts
it does take alot to get the 94-02 dodges to run fast.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
i agree it is kinda fun every once in a while to blow a big puff.. but the longer i have the truck the more i wish it didn't blow as much, it draws attention, bad for diesel reputation, and i just think it's badass when you see a big power tune that's really clean. JMO

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Nice

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
781 Posts

·
Engine Y U No Run?
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
781 Posts
This one smokes even more...

·
Registered
891 Posts
I love how all cummins guys with quick trucks have a ten page list of mods and then a duramax that is equally as fast has like 4 mods at most!
What is awesome about cummins is you can do a turbo, cp3, and injectors in an evening easy. Try that on a duramax!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts