Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
Yep, My dad lost his injectors at 105,000 miles on his 2001 dodge cummins. Not covered under war.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
you score cylinders, then you get to pull the engine and have it bored, ask me how i know

·
The Good Son!
1,966 Posts
He (my dad) tried but, the almighty cummins wouldn't break 30 mph!!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
It depends on how they fail. If they are sticking shut they cause no starts and miss fires.
If they are hanging open again they can cuase no starts and engine damage. This does not just happen on the cummins but all diesels. And for the cummins vs d-max hey both use bosch injectors.

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
As do a lot of diesels.

But hey they are all different. The LB7s crack and the ball seats erode. My tractors Bosch injectors dont do that.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Its all in how the injectors are built. The lb7's have the check ball above the return fitting that let go and the cummins common rail also have the same issue just not to offten. the cummins is good for the injectors not shutting fulling and causing an injector to weap fuel all the time. Offten results in a no start due to pump can't build enough pressure to fire the injectors. The guys that are burning pistons due to injector failure are usualy ignoring the issue long before it kills a cycinders. Not all the time but usualy.

·
Registered
170 Posts
As for the bosch injector in the cummins they are blaiming it on the fuel quality. I'm not 100% convinced but I'm sure it does not help.
I do a lot of cr injectors. Seem to do more 04.5+ 5 hole injectors with the three injection firing event that the 03-04 7 hole two injection event.

·
The Outcast Goat
592 Posts
cr cummins injectors suck!!!

·
Registered
510 Posts
my dad's dad already got his injectors in his 6.7 replaced twice already.

·
Registered
64 Posts
As for the bosch injector in the cummins they are blaiming it on the fuel quality. I'm not 100% convinced but I'm sure it does not help.
I do a lot of cr injectors. Seem to do more 04.5+ 5 hole injectors with the three injection firing event that the 03-04 7 hole two injection event.

Yep. I have heard a lot more of the 04.5 and up injectors causing issues over any other year Cummins injectors. But it can definitely happen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts