Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after doing a lot of research, I was almost set on buying a MBRP bolt on exhaust kit for my truck. After talking with my buddy and running threw the options he gave me an idea I didnt consider... There is a big rig truck and fleet shop not far from where I live and after talking to the guys there about what they can do, I made the trip to see them today and this is what they came up with.... they stated that they are able to build custom 4" exhaust, that would run from my new down pipe back, that would be all T-409 stainless steel, using the stock hangers locations (minus one). He said along with that it would be all one piece no clamps, no welds (except welds where the hangers are welded on and the clamp at the down pipe) he said that it is all 16 gauge stainless steel, and his warranty is life time. The price quote he gave me was 398.00 out the door. I just wanted some input from you guys and see what y'all thought before I make the decision. :help

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think it's impossible to install it in 1 piece..

·
Registered
261 Posts
One peice or not mine is four so im sure its will be better than that lol. Sounds like a good deal, i would have deffinatly done that if I had a connection like that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He said that he has 10' sections of the pipe..... and that he was just going to maderal bend the pipe. Do you think it would be a wise choice if I had him make 2 or 3 different sections with clamps? And if he yes is there anything else that I should enquire about? I'm still fairly new to the diesel world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts