Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to see some custom paint jobs. Non standard GM colors. Was toying with idea of different paint to make truck standout. Lets see some photos or ideas!

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
aquamarine is my favorite powercoat color ( i know your not going to powercoat the truck).

I believe BASF has a similar color called ocean blue but it may not be in production anymore.

In a shadow the paint looks blackish.

In the sun in one direction it is a metallic deep green.

In the sun is the other direction it shifts to a metallic deep blue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds cool. Would love to see some pics. Ill google it and see what comes up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Durallmax got any snow left up there in the Northwoods? Sled gets out of the shop next week and need to get a last winter ride in.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I'd go with a bright blue color if I were to paint my truck. GM doesn't really offer a good blue color like I wanted. Blue with lots of metal flake would kick ass IMO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not a fan of blue unless its real dark. My favorite color Ive seen was on my bros 04 F250. It was a deep burgundy color. IMO the GM burgundy is too purplish to me. Not knocking those with that color. Just wanting something in that shade to set apart from other trucks.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
That'd be one to do it! I too am a fan of the really dark cherry red. I like it when it looks black most of the time, but you can see red where the light hits. Thats badass.

·
Registered
634 Posts
i like 21 and then black everything out

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
Durallmax got any snow left up there in the Northwoods? Sled gets out of the shop next week and need to get a last winter ride in.

Nope none by us really. as for the "real" northwoods I do not know.

Deep cherry red is also one of my favorite colors.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I like # 25. I seen a new chevy 1/2 ton the other day, and it was a bright blue color. It was sweet looking. We have a Pete that is a great looking deep purple color. It would look awesome on a chevy. If I can remember, I'll get the paint code for it in the morning...if you want. I might even try to post a pic of it.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
a deep deep burgandy would look good!

jlb444, offering to show pictures of your purple peter again? thats just not right man! but you should still take a picture of the truck anyway

·
Registered
994 Posts
a deep deep burgandy would look good!

jlb444, offering to show pictures of your purple peter again? thats just not right man! but you should still take a picture of the truck anyway
You are a FREAK !! j/k... I'll try to get a pic tomorrow

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
or this color, this is Fendts Fir green color, I think it looks sharp but a little too much forest green hue in it for me.

BTW the above picture is Fendts Black Cherry Color

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
or this color which is Fendts Steel blue. If you cant tell I really like Fendts color options

This is a picture of aquamarine powerdercoat although the picture does not do it justice

·
Registered
33 Posts
I always thought the laser blue metallic on the 05-06 cobalts, malibus, impalas, and equinox's was one sharp color. Im going to paint my 98 that color when I get her finished.

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
well I had the same Idea at one time this is what happend...it is a GM color though they offered it in the cobalts but its not tinted the same the paint shop tweaked it a little to have more depth i gues you would call it not just a gloss orange kinda hard to explain since I dont know paint terminology

Attachments

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
yeah its kinda a deep gloss burn orange look...I liked it so I just said go for it...i needed a door painted that got messed up and as usual I went overboard and repainted the whole truck...the factory color was that light blue I liked it but it wasnt flashy enough...I have to be different

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts