Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what do you all think for going to the track ? did a few boosted launches and at 5 lbs of boost decent . 7 lbs decent spun all 4 wheels, then tried 10 lbs and it was violent steering wheel went right then left but holy f$$$ its felt a lot faster
(ass meter) all launches were done at 2000 rpms. thanks .

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
10 felt a lot better and pinned my big ass into the seat back. thats why I need some opinions . as I will be going to the track on 5/9 to see how it runs.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
You need to lower it down. Thats not that great of an angle. Just count the number of turns you back the bolt out. Then you can turn it back in the same amount and keep your alignment the same.

That nasty jerking feeling is parts that are about to break :rof don't launch that hard. If you lower your tbars down you'll be able to launch harder though.

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
yea honestly it doest take much of an angle to make things go haywire.

its pretty easy to turn them down then raise it back up after you leave the track.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so should they be level ? or can there be any angle at all ? can someone so me a pic or 2 of how they look when set for the track ?
and I know about breakin [email protected]$ I used to have a chevelle with a jim oddy built BBC dynoed at 604 hp at 6750 rpm...

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
mine are actually slightly negative but my truck is lowered.

my buddy wally is in the same boat as you he has an LMM, the thing he found to help most was the supersteer idler pivot....but what works for one wont necessarily work for everyone.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ill drop them and I do have some of the nylon strapping also and see what happens .
and the local 1/8 mi track opens on friday so Ill try it out .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts