Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DIESEL MANIAC!!!
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in a jam, i've been told all sorts of things and don't know which is true.... i think its the same as a gas engine but not sure. odds are on the pass side of truck and evens are on the drivers side right? front of truck on pass side is 1,3,5,7 (7 being in the back) and the front of truck on the drivers side is 2,4,6,8 (8 being in the back)? is this correct?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I am glad I read this, I expected evens on the pass side, odds on the driver side.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
correct, passenger is 1,3,5,7 front to back

driver is 2,4,6,8 front to back

its the opposite of the GM gasser V8's ;)

ben

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes i was thinking the same as the 350's good information.

·
DIESEL MANIAC!!!
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, i got it figured out and my dmax is running again :) number two was under the a/c compressor. replacing the harness fixed all my problems. didnt bother doing cylinder 7 because it had nothing to do with it. just leaving it in the truck for when the time comes. thanks for the help guys

·
Its just a worktruck
19 Sierra
13,908 Posts
What's the firing order?

Reactions: PrimeAuto

·
oldschool
3,351 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
My I'm glad I searched for the cylinder configuration, I would have fixed the wrong glow plug on my dads LBZ. Odd's cylinders on the pass side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.