Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting new tires but the size i want dont come in an E can i get away with a D i dont tow but i do a few truck pulls during the summer ive herd before a D will be better for pulling because it will flatten out a little more and hook better what do you guys think

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I would still go with a E just for the safety of it......

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have D range, I run 60 in front and 40 in rear, make sure you check the max load of the tires, some are stronger than others

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I think a D rides a lot better than an E but the E is suppose to be more heavy duty.. How heavy of a trailer do you pull, I know I'm going back to D's.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont tow but i do truck pulls during the summer

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looking at the cooper stt in a 33 12.50 17 they only come in a d

·
Registered
97 Posts
What are the differences in max weight carrying capacity? These days the load range really only refers to the amount of air pressure they can hold. In general, the greater the load range, the stronger the carcass. Stronger usually means stiffer riding but also more stable especially when towing.

Whatever you choose, make sure it has enough weight capacity for the loads you carry.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cooper 2600 the BFGs in running now are 3400 800lbs diff each tire

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, 5200# is quite a bit less than the 6000# rear GAWR. The decision is yours but that is a big risk to be taking.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no towin just truck pulls the guys over on diesel place say d's will be good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.