Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so my dad just bought an 09 leftover chevy 2500 short bed extended cab duramax diesel. the front bumper has those big ol chrome bubbles haha and what most people do is paint it the same color as the truck. his new truck is victory red and were wondering if a black line-x on the bumpers and the center chrome strip will look better and then also line-x the rear bumper. anyone got pics of line-x bumpers?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Look up Moroney167, he's done exactly that on his red LMM and has lots of pictures ;)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Yeah and it looks pretty good but I would vote paint red

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Im on it

Done with "REFLEX LINER" which is a local dude doing it. Ended up LOVING it over Line-X and Rhino. It is much thicker and more of a rubber feel. It is still really soft tot he touch and stays shiney like its oiled and I don't have to do a thing to it. I just wash it as regular and thats it. Figure its tuff enough for the bed which I launch my sled into with studds and ice bikes and all that crap and it still looks mint in there. So for the rest it will only last longer. It is pretty sick I love it. Way more durable and incredibly easy to clean. Just do nothing and thats it. holds up to all seasons you name it. Go for it man!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Also to add:

I took this off one night. As a hole unit rigth off frame didn't dissasemble a thing. I prepped it all the next day and he did a few more details. The day after he did it and that night I was putting it all back on.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hell yeah man that looks so badass haha i hope hell do it i will show him the pics...btw would it look good leaving that chrome strip in the middle chrome and painting the rest of the shit line-x?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
If you are into the shiney thing than sure. Up to you. I have seen it done like that too and is nice. Better than stock thats for sure but not like this is.

I hate Chrome

I see way to much of it here at work 24/7

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
does he have the foglights? can't you buy them pre painted from gmparts? or is that only for 1/2 tons?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah hes got fog lights..hmm ill check it out now thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts