Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just bought a 2010 Duramax Crew Cab z71 pickup a few nights ago. The truck is bad ass, but one thing is a definate eye sore, the 245/16 tires & wheels!!! Wow they look bad. Anyways, he is stubborn, doesn't want to lift the truck or level it. what size tire could he run on 18" rims (this is the rim size i think he wants to buy new aftermarket wheels for) without rubbing/trimming? 275's? Most likely he will but the Toyo A/T's. thanks guys!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Then the next day when he falls asleep for an afternoon nap,steal his credit card & put the rims & tires on it....tell him it was a gift...you have 30 days to get out of the house before the credit card statement comes...LOL...The way you personalize your truck,says who you are, tell him that!!! cause nobody wants to be just like the next ordinary guy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then the next day when he falls asleep for an afternoon nap,steal his credit card & put the rims & tires on it....tell him it was a gift...you have 30 days to get out of the house before the credit card statement comes...LOL...The way you personalize your truck,says who you are, tell him that, cause nobody wants to be just like the next ordinary guy
haha i know i know. but back to the questions, what size should he consider? thanks!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Hey, if your doing 18's you can do an 18x9 with at least a 265's on it. If he wants NO rubbing at all than stick to a wider 265 on the 18. Otherwise don't be scared of a 285. If its a skinny one it will be fine. 265/65-18 or so would be fine though not a touch on the tbars. Unless you can jsut do a few turns on them and he'll be able to have some extra room

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
stay away from 285s, they'll rub.
just get 265s on 18s and you guys will be happier than flies on s#!t

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
^^ Yea he said it.. If its dad just stick to 265's.. Will look way better than what you have and smooth

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
fuck i've spent a lot of money getting my 285s to stop rubbing
My email I got with the reply to this didn't say the little "censored" guy......

It said a bad word hehe

Yea I know those wheels and tires I said are on my buddies truck (285/65-18) and they rub only going right full crank. I could trim that away or motivate to get the leveling kit you have. I wish I did

·
Registered
384 Posts
fuck i've spent a lot of money getting my 285s to stop rubbing
really... i run my 325/60/18s and spent $100 on the leveling kit and shock extensions... a lil trimming in the fender well will clear 285s all day...

buzzwheel and bondo and some paint that cost $20... looks professional and no rub w 325..

jus tryin to help!:drink

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 295 65 18s rubbed hard to start with, but a 2.5" lift and a bit of bending the back of the wheel well made it work fine. Even have room for a heavy flap.

·
Registered
398 Posts
They will be snug, but they will fit as long as the wheel offset isn't too wild. You had better test fit them, it may still need to be leveled. Those are 1 inch taller than the stock 265/70r17.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put 275/65R18 LTX AT2s and 18x9 +25mm offset KMC Badlands on my '10 GMC last week. They rub slightly on the plastic wheel liner under some conditions. I think a little time with a heat gun or zip ties will correct it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
285-60-18 nitto terra grabblers on wives suburban, no rub.

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
really... i run my 325/60/18s and spent $100 on the leveling kit and shock extensions... a lil trimming in the fender well will clear 285s all day...

buzzwheel and bondo and some paint that cost $20... looks professional and no rub w 325..

jus tryin to help!:drink
1st i did the 2" keys plus alignment = $200

it drove like crap (mind you the tires still rubbed) so i got shocks on all 4s, iirc = $400 or $500 including install

still didnt ride good so i got UCAs (and i cranked the keys about halfway) = $600 including alignment but not install,
it rides good now but that was a load of money.....

i would have just gotten 265s on 20s w/ some sort of offset had i known i wouldve gone through all of that

LIVE & LEARN

1 - 16 of 16 Posts