Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 968 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Anyone running Danville's 3794 batmowheel charger? I took a trip down to Marks a few weeks ago with my buddy to get his LMM dually dyno tuned, and was asking Mark about some of his turbos. He said his new favorite "best bang for the buck" turbo is his stage 2 batmowheel 3794 and he has made close to 700hp with it and proper fueling, but still needs to test it more.. Just wondering if anyone here has been around this charger and could tell me how it seems to perform and how it sounds compared to a billet 4094. Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just got mine delivered today.... but im gonna wait untill I can pull my injectors for bigger nozzles and just do it all at once. I also am very curious to hear from someone running one..... that link up above is from 08 I think thatwas just on the stock 3794... I believe when I was on the phone with mark he said the stage 2 is a 65mm I could be wrong he was talking pretty fast lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply and the link above, I have read that before but like Bbuchanan06 said, it is from 08 and before anyone knew much about them and modified them. I am mainly curious about how Mark's stage 2 version performs, I will probably end up running whatever turbo I get with stock sticks until this winter when I can send them out to exergy. I don't tow very often or very heavy, but when I do tow it is usually a long trip across several states to go ride side by sides.. Mark told me the inducer is 65mm but I don't think he specified exducer size, but he said it is larger than a typical 65mm comp wheel would have.. Keep me updated on how you like yours when you install it Bbuchanan06, and I live in central pa, fairly close to Clearfield

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah it's very possible, I think you're only about an hour and a half away from me. Plus during the summer me and my buddies are usually all over the place going to sled pulls.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Mine should be at my house sometime next week. Talked to mark a lot over emails asking about what would work best for my situation. Towing 5th wheel in the 12K lb range, lowest EGTs possible, fast spool, great turbobrake ability, keeping stock injectors, stock internals, he strongly recommended his BMW Gt3794va turbo. Got his DSP5 tuning as well, 350hp heavy tow tune up to a motor safe 600hp tune. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to wait to install it all. Need my truck everyday and too many camping trips planned on the weekends when I would have time to install. But I plan to do a writeup on it. Not much out on his stg2 BMW 3794, just the cast original garrett 3794. Chris

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it seems like that turbo will really shine on the towing end. I'll def be keeping an eye out for your write up. I'm still torn between that and the billet 4094. alot of info on the 4094's, but like you said there just doesn't seem to be much on Mark's stage 2 3794 yet. I am planning on sending my injectors out to get honed to either 45 or 60 over. I figure the 60's will allow some room to grow if I ever get my motor built, and then go with a stroker pump or dual fuelers, and possibly twin over whatever charger I end up going with now. But all this is just hopes and dreams lol

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
i spent some time yesterday and talked to mark about these turbos and they look VERY promising! im excited to start offering them now :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes Mark seemed pretty proud of it when I was down there.. I can't wait for you guys to get them put on and post some feedback on it.. And I'd also like to see what one could put down with some bigger injectors and a pump.. I am planning on either having Kory update my tunes or possibly go with Mark's tuning, but I'm sure it will run great either way

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Yea we talked a good 15 min about why I'd like it better then the 4094 and the power he put down I signed up real quick!lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
Can't wait to see how you like it. Was looking at his 66 and 68mm before reading this

1 - 20 of 968 Posts