41 - 60 of 967 Posts

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Im in

·
Registered
82 Posts
Decided to put my turbo on sounds awesome at 1600 rpm :)... Haven't driven it yet. For you guys putting yours on soon if you have the factory turbo inlet the tabs that center it do not fit inside the housing and won't let it seal I had to grind them off.

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
I finished mine yesterday I didn't realize the intake inlet wouldn't fit do you have a pic? I'll go check mine

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Yeah pics of what needs to be cut.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Looking good man. I like the green

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Looks sweet.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I already have mine on but the plastic tube that clamps to the front of the turbo has 3 tabs on the back of it to center it in to the turbo I just had to grind them flat... I couldn't get it to seal to the turbo so I tried it without the clamp and found they won't fit inside the housing... Mine is an lbz I don't know if they are all like that or not

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
TowU, hows it drive with the new turbo? What's the lag like compared to stock, boost numbers & sound? Looks great on your truck.

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Drives great has a ton of top end pull lag is slightly slower barely noticeable honestly if my stock turbo lag was a 2 on a scale from 1 10 from no lag to very laggy I'd say this one is a 4

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think we need some videos

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Sweet. I'm still on the fence between one of these, a 4094 or twin over my stocker. Are you still running stock injectors?

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
My vanes have been sticking for awhile on my stocker. So i think im going to do this turbo, and twin over it.

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
call Mark at Danville before you do anything you won't regret it I promise he will steer you in the right direction I have stock fuel just a liFt pump and this thing really Pulls hard o. the top End

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
I tried to load a video earlier I'll try again guys I have my intake coming too I plan on painting to match. I took the inlet off tonight and ground those tabs off you were talking about I'm not sure if it didn't fit before or not but I just did it anyway..that mouthpiece is a pain in the ass I kept questioning if it was on all the way or not... those of you on the fence about it all I can tell you is this turbo woke my truck up more then I imagined. Once up in the higher rpms that thing pulls so freaking hard I can't wait to pull the sled with it. And robby05 I called mark because I was going to buy the 4094 and he said he didn't like them I forget all the technical reasons why but he said this turbo he designed the wheel for will outperform the 4094 with the setup I'm running (stock Injectors and fuel) ..I really wanna try his tuning with it since he dynoed it and created it but $$$ is never easy to let go of. Did I mention this thing whistles so loud it turns heads!!!

·
Registered
17,806 Posts
Great thread guys.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I'll definitely be sending him an e-mail. Sounds like a great setup

41 - 60 of 967 Posts