Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

921 - 940 of 967 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
well wonder what I should do.. I have Kory's tuning now on my s475 over stocker setup, but my 3794 shipped today... and they were going to send me a modified tune... but wondering if I should just get tunes from Mark as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I thought I heard that Mark won't tune lml's anymore?

·
Registered
491 Posts
ah I think ive read that as well.. hmm.. well if not I guess ill have to live with kory's. EGT's ill keep an eye on and see how crazy they are.. I really don't tow much besides maybe my landscaping trailer which isn't much.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Just installed my Danville tunes. Played around with all of them except #5. I have a Transgo Jr. and a Suncoast 1058, but no trans build yet. I'm not usually one to drive my truck hard, and I don't want to chance it. But I did stick my foot in it from a stop up until 90 mph and the max EGT was 1204 at 29-30 psi. Turbo vane positions are way different. It did exactly what I wanted it to do. And I can actually feel the new turbo now, it runs a ton better off the low end than my 4094 did. I am very happy with the turbo and the tuning from Danville so far! The real test will be pulling the toy hauler, but I expect it to be a pleasure.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
This was on tune #4. Also, I requested tranny safe tuning to be on the safe side, if my boost numbers still seem low. I can always get what's left in the tuning once I do build the transmission, I guess.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Well, my truck reverted back to the odd vane positions today, on its own. I hooked up to my toy hauler to take it to the Cummins dealer, for a generator repair under warranty. Any time you give the truck fuel, the vane position goes straight to 100%. It hasn't done this for the past few days, after installing the Danville tuning. I am sitting in Quick Trip's parking lot reflashing the tunes in, to see if that takes it back to normal. Does anybody have any idea how my truck could be doing this? Maybe a bad connection on one of the DSP5 switch wires, or something? I did not install the switch, so I am unfamiliar with how it is wired, but it hasn't given any trouble before.

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
I would talk to Mark, I think if the DSP switch losses connection it should default to the lowest or highest tune however the tuner has set it up so I don't think that is your troubles. Mark would definitely be who you need to talk with...

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Here's another vid.. kory has been Extremely patient with me dialing this thing in to my preference and I believe we're going to tune the trans as well. Here's a video for you guys on the way home. Lmm gt3794 bmw billet turbo: Lmm gt3794 bmw billet turbo - YouTube
I like your wood trim on the door. Where did you pick that up and what other interior trim parts are wood?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Here's what I would do, and I bet it'll fix your truck. Take it to a GM dealership, and have them flash your truck back to stock (theres something going on in your ecm that is overriding the tune). This will cost you around $108ish. Limp the truck back home, read out the stock tune you just received from good ol' GM, and email that new stock tune to Mark at Danville. Mark can then use that fresh unmolested tune to make your 5 tunes from. I did this with my truck recently and it was a night and day difference. Trans shifted better, started up nicer, etc..I'm willing to bet this is 100% your problem!!

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Not to mention if you do this save a copy of that new file in a special folder and or jump drive so you always have a clean fresh stock unmolested tune.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well 3794 will be in tomorrow but my hot and cold pipes had to be swapped and sent back before new ones get here so I probably won't get truck running till next week, see how it goes , stock trans so I will be running a baby tune on it for now but I'll try to get EGT recordings and boost numbers .. Stock with s475 I see 36psi spikes

·
Registered
109 Posts
How is the 3794 running? Is it laggy at all?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Turbo is in my hot and cold pipe won't be here till tomorrow so haven't gotten to drive it yet :-(. I'll report back to u when i get to drive it

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I figured out my tuning issue, as far as the vane positions go. I am getting the random "engine power reduced" code on my #2 tune only, which is what I had been driving it on. Once this happens, the truck pretty much stays at 100% vane position until you clear the DTCs, even though there is no code stored.

I am running a stock trans as well, with a converter, so I had my tunes written for the stock trans power levels. And it still runs pretty dang good. And EGTs are considerably cooler than my 4094 was, with much quicker spooling.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I used to get underboost codes with my 4094 on my LMM only when it wasn't fully warmed up or I was towing a trailer and was at like 10% throttle for a prolonged period of time. that's generally tuning polish up u can do to eliminate it.. I got it so rare that I just cleared it when it happened.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Took me over an hour to read through all this lol. I found a garratt gt3794 stage one for a very good price with 5000 miles on it. my question is to make it into the danville stage 2 is it just the wheel that I would need to buy from danville or is there more done to this turbo?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Is it going in a LML or LMM.. Stage 2 is wheel and I thought he did some work on the housings.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It will be going in an lly

921 - 940 of 967 Posts