Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

941 - 960 of 967 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Go to the Danville web site look at the description for the stg2 3794 you will also find that there have been a few options added. The best thing to do is call and ask....

·
Registered
507 Posts
I believe Mark takes the 4094's 68mm wheel and has the inducer trimmed down to 65mm. He also needs to do machine work on the compressor housing to fit that wheel.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I'm going to be ordering the 3794 in a couple weeks, just have to save a little more. I'm also going to get Marks tunes for the turbo as well. I have Robs tunes right now and love them so it's nothing against ATP but I'd like to use the turbo makers tunes with his turbo. I'll be in the same boat as Hurricanespike with the converter and stock tranny. I just got a converter from Goerend and that's going in this week as well as the 3 in down pipe. I will also be buying the lift pump next week. I'm going to have a busy few days installing the lift pump and turbo pretty soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can the 3794 stage one get me to 600 horse on its own or would I be better off sending it to danville to get it made into his stg2

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Better call Mark and ask him what he can do or what that turbo can do. I think that would be your best bet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok I will give him call monday see what he has to say

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
I'm going to be ordering the 3794 in a couple weeks, just have to save a little more. I'm also going to get Marks tunes for the turbo as well. I have Robs tunes right now and love them so it's nothing against ATP but I'd like to use the turbo makers tunes with his turbo. I'll be in the same boat as Hurricanespike with the converter and stock tranny. I just got a converter from Goerend and that's going in this week as well as the 3 in down pipe. I will also be buying the lift pump next week. I'm going to have a busy few days installing the lift pump and turbo pretty soon.
What Goerend converter did you get???

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
They suggested that I get the slight lower than stock stall. Said it would work great on my truck now and as it grows. I plan to add more things but I'm looking to make a reliable stout tow and Daily driver. I'm not looking for more than 600hp in the end.

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
Dave will hook you up based on your plans and how you use the truck... I was very happy with Goerend customer service...

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I have no doubt they where excellent and very helpful just in the purchase.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I ended up ordering one of these today can't wait for it to be delevired

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I am very pleased with how my truck reacted to this turbo with Mark's tuning and my Suncoast 1058. For the fuel its getting, and how I drive it, it shifts sooner than stock it seems like, with lower EGTs than the 4094. It just runs at a lower RPM than stock overall. Like it's always lugging around. Seems really easy on the truck. I have only been able to pull my toy hauler once since I got my tuning issue figured out and corrected, forcing me to run on tune #3.... EGTs never broke 1200 even with an early shift into 5th at about 65 pulling a hill at 17-1800 rpm. Good enough power, trans feels great, I can see my stock trans lasting a good while longer yet. I know that it's not the point of upgrading the turbo for most people, but I wanted to move more air and fuel in a gentle manner for my trans while towing, and this turbo with Mark's tuning has made that a reality. I think that this turbo spools faster than a stock turbo in my current setup. I drove my LML today with Kory's 150 street tune, and while it runs great and smooth as butter, it really disappoints overall as far as how the turbo lights and spools and cleans up the fuel as compared to my LMM. My LML is stock everything minus the tunes and exhaust.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Im thinking about one of these for my lml. I tow heavy almost weekly. So I defintely need fast spool and good vane action. Hurricanespike, you have any video of your guages while pulling your toyhauler? My lmm had s475 over stock with 40 nozzles. I loved that setup for towing. My lml like yours, just tuned an deleted, but a '14

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
I don't have any videos, sorry. I am going to be picking it up within the next 4-5 days. It's still at the Cummins service center for a generator problem (less than 100 hours on it, and it's on its 3rd stay there) I will try to get a video of my gauges on the way home with it.

I pulled my Bobcat S300 on an 18 ft dual 7,000 lb axle trailer with my LMM for a few days this week. We have some decent size hills on the turnpike I was traveling on. The truck will actually gain speed going up the hills pulling that load. This is on Mark's #3 tune. EGTs never broke 1250 while pulling the hills with my foot in it that much, either. I don't usually push my truck like that, but I had to run at a few of them... It's a good feeling to see that speedo needle stay put or climb going up a hill.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1449888070.177646.jpg

I picked the toy hauler up today. Thinking back on it now, it probably wasn't such a smart idea to get videos of my gauges while pulling this thing. But I did it. Any computer whizzes here who want to post them up for me? I don't do YouTube and I'm on an IPhone.. I have to use the Auto Guide app to even add pictures. If somebody knows of a simple way, please explain. Thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
464 Posts
Its been said so many times before but Mark really is awesome... New 45% Injectors from Lincoln Diesel Performance just went in my truck and so I went to Danville today for a re-tune and Marks 3792 stg2 tops 650hp again, even before this with tired stock Injectors and a mild 2400us tune it was making 575. Keep in mind im rolling on nitto 33's and 20x10" wheels. Exergy Sportsman cp3, nothing special. Thanks Mark, the truck runs like it never has.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
Havent posted many pics on here so just in case you cant see the number it made 653 hp and 1213 tq.

·
Registered
464 Posts
40ish-95 mph pull tonight on tune 4 at 580 rwhp. 1400 degree egt's... Love it! 🙂

·
Registered
328 Posts
Good to know. I'm very close to what you are running. Spec for spec

·
Registered
464 Posts
941 - 960 of 967 Posts