Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

961 - 967 of 967 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes, sir.
Are you on stock Injectors and Cp3 as well? And do you have any idea what kind of power you putting down or are you just running emailed tunes..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Are you on stock Injectors and Cp3 as well? And do you have any idea what kind of power you putting down or are you just running emailed tunes..
Injectors are Exergy 45% and Exergy Sportsman CP3. Mark's tunes via email. I have no idea about actual hp though.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Just to share...I was on my tune 3 (470hp) the other night and raced a buddie of mine who also has a crew cab lbz but he was on a stock turbo and a 450hp tune, and we done a rolling 1st gear non-boosted pull because I wanted to see if he jumped out ahead of me with the smaller stock turbo. It didn't happen, I pulled on him as soon as we nailed it. So all the claims of stock spool-up are not exaggerated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the standard 3794 directly from garrett? I cant find much info on them at all, as most everything i find is related to the Danville variations. I have an 05 lly, lbz pistons, lb7 pistons, keyed crank and cam, suncoast trans, lift pump, modified lbz cp3, head studs, werhli y bridge , flo pro manifolds and up pipes, 3" downpipe, full exhaust , fuel rail plug etc. I purchased a standard cast 3794 directly from garrett. My truck is a daily driver and i occasionally pull a trailer. I am hoping to get close to 600-650hp after i upgrage my injectors. I am hoping someone has some experience with this charger to let me know if it is capable or if i should send it in to have it modified by danville to make it a stage 2.

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Boost Lee,

I personally dont have experiance with the charger as a base and it has been quite some time since i have been in the diesel performance game. BUT, i can tell you with 100% confidence if you do not sent it to Danville you will wish you did later on. If my memory serves me correct Mark installs custom vanes, wheel and a few more modifications. His turbo room is absolutely incredible! I loved the turbo when i ran it, i almost with with a 4094 before i talked to Mark.

Short answer is, its WELL worth your money to send it to Mark. No question about it. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
495 Posts
COPIED FROM MARKS POST IN DURAMAXDIESEL:-----This is a 65mm turbo and would be a good choice for what your looking for.

As far as this versus the out of the box GT3794va, the cast version is not very good above 500hp which is where this version really shines. Mine is on tune 4 everyday at 535hp and it makes 30-32psi at 1150egts. Mine doesn't go past 1400egts till you get up to that 650hp range.

DMax497- Honestly this would be the turbo choice for ya if you want a vgt and with that fueling I would think 700hp would be a nice driving truck.
Not sure of technical differences in garret 3794 vs marks stage 2 3794 but this was posted by towu4free on page 32 of this forum.

961 - 967 of 967 Posts