Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use for treatment and cleaning of your dash(or dont you bother cleaning, lol)
I've found that 303 Products is by far the best brand, leaves a factory clean, non-oily dash :D You can get a free sample from their website!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Man I clean my dash maybe once or twice a year....it's probably the most neglected thing. oh by the way, don't lay a liquid air freshner on it.....I did and it leaked out and ate the paint on my dash....:mad:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that sux!!
sorry to hear :(

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah it's very frustrating.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
cant help but to keep the dust off

i use armor all, cant help but to keep it clean, truck is new to me and hope to stay that way. the wipes are easiest, come in can and pull one out once in awhile:D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yeah those wipes are pretty convenient. I was thinking that a baby wipe could do the same thing.......I wonder what the price is versus each other?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I don't really care much about UV protectant in a truck i'm not planning on having for a long time....plus the baby wipes can be used for a variety of other things I would think

·
Registered
17 Posts
armor all....thats the point of it

all those products are designed to keep the vinyl and plastic from fading and cracking from the sun and elements. dont neglect to realize a crappy interior will lower the resale value:poke

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I personally dont like the way ArmorAll leaves the dash looking/feeling. But I did use it up until this vehicle because it was easy and convenient to buy at any local store.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The best stuff I used in the past was Son of a Gun Cockpit spray. I haven't been able to find it since though. That stuff would just leave the dash looking like new and repel dust. Now I just use a california duster for the dash. I still haven't found anything I like for the dash since I ran out of the Son of a Gun stuff (it was in an aerosol can).

·
Registered
28 Posts
i prefer Meguiar's nxt generation products yes there very expensive at least i think so compared to armor all and son of a gun etc but i like the way it really makes my dash shine and my rubber door seals bright black and a wet look and best of all im protecting my truck. just my 2 cents
jason

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree with Duramaxxed. Jerry Meguiar is on top of his game. This is probably the safest cleaner/conditioner out there for interior parts. I never saw cracks, fading or distortion with his products. In between I use a "Swiffer" with light pressure to get the dust about once a week - even over the gauge lens! No scratches and gets all the dust!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Armoral has a new type of protectant that Advance Auto sells in a yellow bottle that I think everyone would love. It doesnt leave it crazy shiny, just back to new look. It has the most UV protection out there and actually lasts for a while. I use it on my TA and I just got runner up at a Fbody car show in Atlanta, and I DRIVE MINE EVERY DAY! Trust me, its good stuff. :peelout

1 - 14 of 14 Posts