Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Classic with Dark Charcoal Interior with a cracked dash and looking to purchase a Coverlay Dash Cover. Has anyone installed one of these and what color would match up the best with the Dark Charcoal interior from their color options? I was thinking the Dark Gray looks the closest in color.

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
867 Posts
Thinking of similar before our dash cracks.. I would
Go dark as possible… anything light color will reflect from inside… but polarized glasses will help the issue.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Had a dash cover for years. I recommend repainting/dyeing it again instead. It's easy to do. Steel wool, adhesion promoter, stain, and clear is what I used. SEM makes great products that adhere better than the factory dye did. You can buy it online or at your automotive paint stores. Recommend testing the color of the dye before you shoot everything.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Did you pull the trigger on this yet? Your local automotive paint store is usually the best option. Paint code should be on the glove box tag, but they aren't always correct. I need to get one for an old Suburban I have for the same reason...the cracking dash.

I have a 2007 Classic with Dark Charcoal Interior with a cracked dash and looking to purchase a Coverlay Dash Cover. Has anyone installed one of these and what color would match up the best with the Dark Charcoal interior from their color options? I was thinking the Dark Gray looks the closest in color.

·
Registered
2017, 2500HD, LTZ, front guard, Duraflap mudguards, Leer bed topper
867 Posts
Did you pull the trigger on this yet? Your local automotive paint store is usually the best option. Paint code should be on the glove box tag, but they aren't always correct. I need to get one for an old Suburban I have for the same reason...the cracking dash.
Just put an inexpensive cover on our 2017… with the black/charcoal/whatever color dash. I had wanted to put one since new but wanted warranty to be in effect… you never know what may be used as excuse to “deny” responsibility… or so I have experienced..

if you get some trunk or headliner material it will function well, even if not “molded”.. a small square of double side tape just to keep from sliding would be ok.. a fabric “cover” is a good idea

1 - 5 of 5 Posts