Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my son found and bought this truck, picked her up, towed her home and after dropped her at a tranny shop for a rebuild. Months fly by and meanwhile my son on his way back from Cali gets pulled over in Nebraska in a different truck and off to jail he waits. So while waiting he gets the $6000.00 to pay the tranny bill for Moonlight Diesel and his girlfriend at the time drives off and decides she will keep it which I was cool with that at the time. So a few months go by and my son asks me to have her bring it to me however she decides differently. The title is in my name, it has been ever since that day they were pulled over. So two months ago I located the truck in Minneapolis, had a key maker show up after texting this gal I was there to pick up the truck and I needed the keys and would help her with removing her things from the truck, she continued to refuse so a few hours later away we rolled away being followed by mean people. So here is where my love for this powered up diesel came to life. The drive was intense, I was so beside myself jumping literally in this big truck that pretty lost the creepers and drove me to the police station as my nerves were on fire. That night I parked the truck under the camera at the police station after the PD suggested I do so. So been detailing, had the oil changed at GM occasionally go drift the freeways however I noticed an oil leak towards the back and possible tranny fluid under the backside of the big orange thing under the backdoors frontend. Drove it to the shop that did the new tranny and well, of course he stated looks like oil. So a few weeks go by and I called him after my son telling me another mechanic looked at it and there was a line that needed his attention. I dropped it off this Friday at Moonlight to look at it on Tuesday. I want so much to hang on to this for my son and myself now. I know nothing about maintenance or how to use the tuner, or drive in 1 through 5 mode if it is even on the right number as for the thing is lose and not properly installed. I have installed by myself a GM Delco radio that took 2 salvage yard trips, two-radios, two weeks to get the radio unlocked and installed with sound. What I need is Diesel training therapy. I absoulty fell in crazy love with the way Dasher drives and sounds like a jet my 2004 Lexus is becoming kinda cranky about this new family member and was spitting on the driveway little spots very hard to track so the owner of the house decided curbside on the street is best to park the car while the truck is slowly seeping on the driveway till Friday when I dropped the truck back at the shop. The relationship between the home owner and I the renter shifted that drop off day. Not sure if I am next in line for curbside however I am feeling alone and believe I may be lost and have made it clear to those around me telling me to sell the truck, rid myself of a problem or ya can't afford to take care of a truck like that; to leave me be. I want to figure this out, it is one thing if the only thing I do have control over, Dasher the Diesel everything else well I yet to kill myself trying. So if anyone out here can relate or maybe not so much but you make this post about the Diesel I am all eyes and 馃憘:unsure:

Registered
I gotta say I love the effort an time you鈥檙e putting into it!! It may need an few things but as long as it鈥檚 reasonable fixes you鈥檝e got a pretty reliable truck on your hands!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gotta say I love the effort an time you鈥檙e putting into it!! It may need an few things but as long as it鈥檚 reasonable fixes you鈥檝e got a pretty reliable truck on your hands!
Well, I was told I need to repair the entire rear end due to a weld or replace the axle with a complete as there is also oil leaking below the differential. Boots in the front a radiator issue a seal. A rough 3800. I Believe it's worth it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts