Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to read what i can on here about autocals and V2 Flashscans...but i still have questions about my particular situation. I have higher mileage truck, 08 gmc2500 with 145k.(bought it with 130k) I am sick of regen and want to do the delete. I have no interest in writing tunes, or doing any other mods to the truck. I just need the emissions gone with a clean economy tune and a good towing tune would be great.

I have priced the autocal purchase vs. buying custom tunes from big name tuner and using a local V2 Flashscan for 25 bucks(plus license)

My long winded question is - how important would having a personal autocal on hand to data log be>??? Is this something that people need to do on a regular basis??

The price difference is $300 from buying the autocal vs. using local v2 flashscan.

2.) Also i have an issue with my fuel gauge...it acts like i have a 16-18gallon instead of the 26 gallon tank(low fuel light generally turns on when i have burnt 16 gallons)....is this fixable with any efi live magic?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
I believe it is worth having your own handheld for multiple reasons. If you change tire size, we can email you a new tune and you can flash it, you dont have to go back and borrow (pay another $25) to reflash. You can read/clear any codes that may pop up. Also, if you sell this truck and buy a new one, you can use this autocal on another truck.

The fuel tank issue can be modified in our tuning no problem :thumb

Let me know if you have any other questions OP

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Worth having your own Autocal. License is $125

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How often should one expect to use the data logging feature?? I should have included that i have an edge insight so the reading and clearing codes is covered there.

Its nice to know the fuel tank issue is fixable!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts