Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,392 Posts
Had my first on the road regen last night. Being able to watch the I dash gauge show the percentage of clog go down was worth it. Plus I initiated the regen as I knew I had a drive down th highway. Was nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it's a wonderful thing to take control of the schedule. Avoids pulling up to a destination with 1200F exhaust and having to shut the truck down mid regen.

A small tip, when I'm not in regen I watch the DPF RG % value. This gives you the best indication of when a regen is coming.

The other value is DPF SL %, and I switch to a different page during regen and watch this, it is a good indication of the status of the regen, it "ticks down" and regen usually stops somewhere below 10 percent.

If you watch DPF SL when you're not in regen, it can vary quite a bit and be kinda confusing. I've seen a regen happen with a SL % as low as 60% before.

Reactions: Noble_dmax

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I will have to look again and see what one jay had me put on my screen. I’m not sure off the top of my head

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Tested out some new leather cleaner and conditioner, tried a tester bottle of their conditioner and I really like the smells so I ordered it.

It seems to leave the black leather less grey and more black. You can leave it glossy or buff it with a micro. The dash sure took it well also.

Gave the whole truck a hand wash and cleaned the two weeks of dirt parking lot dust off of it!!

·
Registered
2017 Denali HD
236 Posts
Tested out some new leather cleaner and conditioner, tried a tester bottle of their conditioner and I really like the smells so I ordered it.

It seems to leave the black leather less grey and more black. You can leave it glossy or buff it with a micro. The dash sure took it well also.

Gave the whole truck a hand wash and cleaned the two weeks of dirt parking lot dust off of it!!

What brand leather conditioner to you try?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I ordered up a few different Adam’s polish interior things,

I don’t go for the glossy dash stuff ( going to order a dash mat here soon I think) and they have some mat finish product a and so far it’s not greasy feeling.

Their leather conditioner smelt like a brand new baseball glove. I was sold with that lol

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Back from the dealership for $98 to diagnose the brake issue. All systems checked out and no error codes

Suggested I bring the trailer in next time it is doing it or I rewire the brake system which wasn’t the issue at all.

Anyway into the next thing.

Need to order a pillar mount for the idash.
I think I’ll try my hand at wrapping it in suede to add an accent to the cab

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Has anyone added a floor console instead of the jump seat on these newer trucks?

Mine currently has the bench and it’s not my favorite at all. The lower seat storage is a pain to access

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

This appears you don’t have to change the bottom of your dash like the previous years ?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I havent installed one but I do thoroughly enjoy mine over the front bench seat (the front bench seat was favored back before I was married tho...)

·
Super Moderator
2017 GMC Denali 2500HD, 3.5" Rough Country Lift, 305/55R20 Yokohama Geolandar A/T
2,869 Posts
My LMM was a bench seat with the fold down console. I didn't mind it too much, but I like the captains chairs better.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I don’t think the driver and passenger seats are any different from the bench to center console

There still are no arm rests, the seat I’m pretty sure is the same? Picture ?

·
Premium Member
2018 Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 L5P CCSB
371 Posts
@bigdave_185 what you need a picture of on the seat? I have a 2018 with capt chairs and can snap a pic for you.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

Same same.

I’d love to see some photos of how that center section attaches. Wife says I’m crazy but I think it’s worth the comfort

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
The 00-07 classic had to have a new glove box panel to match the center console, I swapped out my center console inbetween vehicles and needed to fit six. The 2013 jump seat fit great in the 07 cab

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Had big oops at the yard today at work!

Someone decided to use a spray can paint to repaint two of the fuel tanks in the yard. The tanks are maybe 20’ from where I park the truck.

The overspray!! As I lost my shit on the shop mechanic who had the helper guy at his control, told me no way the paint wasn’t dry. Sure enough you could see it all over the tinted glass.
I called the company owner and explained the issue and he told me they would get it taken care of.

So of course I dont want any dipshit autobody shop takin a wool pad to the paint.

So tonight me and the super wife took after it with the hand wash, and clay, there is a few spots missed from the clay. I need to get the orbital out this weekend and polish it now!!

Not sure what or how the company should “make it right” as he put it.

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Had big oops at the yard today at work!

Someone decided to use a spray can paint to repaint two of the fuel tanks in the yard. The tanks are maybe 20’ from where I park the truck.

The overspray!! As I lost my shit on the shop mechanic who had the helper guy at his control, told me no way the paint wasn’t dry. Sure enough you could see it all over the tinted glass.
I called the company owner and explained the issue and he told me they would get it taken care of.

So of course I dont want any dipshit autobody shop takin a wool pad to the paint.

So tonight me and the super wife took after it with the hand wash, and clay, there is a few spots missed from the clay. I need to get the orbital out this weekend and polish it now!!

Not sure what or how the company should “make it right” as he put it.

Clean it up yourself so you can trust its done right. Then make them pay for a detail and ceramic coat - since yanno you already had that on your truck before you had to strip it all down, right?

·
Registered
19,461 Posts
Need to give you enough money for a full exterior detail Dave, from a really nice shop that does great work and that you trust.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
The clay bar did a large portion of the work. Four bars of clay later. I’ll see the boss in the office on Tuesday and see what he thinks. I’m good for $600 bucks to get my truck where it was

Last full priced detail and ceramic coating I looked at was over $2k and I can’t say with an honest face I had that in my truck however bad it needs it.

I found two or three spots today I missed with clay. I’ll address them after my sand dune trip on wednesday

Reactions: Melonhead1102
61 - 80 of 90 Posts