Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Dropped the truck off at the shop tonight to have them put my bilsteins 5150’s. Can’t wait to drive it home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Melonhead1102

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Initial thoughts are these rough country shocks were pure trash!!! I could compress the shock with my body weight against the floor.

The bielstien on the other hand is very much a solid valved shock!

The ride is no longer bouncy!

The truck feels way more stable at freeway speeds and on overpass bridge transitions.

Not my first or will it be my last set of these shocks.

Fantastic addition

·
Super Moderator
1,374 Posts
Yup...proper shocks on these trucks make a world of difference. Another happy customer...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Putting the hurt on the swirls and overspray from the truck yard a few weeks back

Using the meguires D300, B302 and follow up with their hybrid paint protection system when it arrives on Thursday.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Well I am in my way tomorrow to pick up the new trailer

I filled the tires up to towing pressure of 65, and I’ll head to Mack Colorado to bring home the 37 foot toy hauler

I picked up the Anderson goose neck hitch yesterday and will set that all up when I get to the trailer.

Pretty decent deal for a 2008 TH with all the things mom and I thought we needed. Now to get it home and winterized

·
Premium Member
2018 Silverado 3500 LTZ Z71 L5P CCSB
369 Posts
Nice. That should be a lot of fun next year. Safe travels!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I did t take a single photo on our way home but I tell ya what the truck has some power!! I was passing people with ease! Pulling canyon hills with no effort! Braking up hill kind of pulling power!

The rear suspension is a good bit soft still so I’ll add some air bags for this big ass trailer but with 12k dry weight and most of it on the tongue I think it did really well!

Pictures to come

81 - 90 of 90 Posts