Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know how to turn them off or if the dealer can do it??? I just don't see the point of burning hours off the bulb for nothing. I am thinking about doing HIDs and I really don't want them to be on all day.

Oh yeah and my sun visor rattles like a B**ch. Any quick fixes?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I haven't ried this, but I think you should be able to just rotate the headlight switch counterclockwise to turn them off. As for burning out your bulbs, my 97 GMC still has the original bulbs and no way to easily turn them off except to barely engage the E-brake. Pulling fuses isn't an option IMO.

I will go try my advice on my own 09. I may be full of crap.

·
Registered
309 Posts
all I did was pull the Fuse for DRL's

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't ried this, but I think you should be able to just rotate the headlight switch counterclockwise to turn them off. As for burning out your bulbs, my 97 GMC still has the original bulbs and no way to easily turn them off except to barely engage the E-brake. Pulling fuses isn't an option IMO.

I will go try my advice on my own 09. I may be full of crap.
That works but I never think about it. I don't want to pull the fuse. I had an obs and I always left the parking brake on and that worked. But these trucks cry everytime you fart in them much less turn something on or off that shouldn't be.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yes turning the Dial couter clockwise and letting it snap back will turn the Days off.. As for the older trucks pushing the interior light button in and out a few times will also turn off the days....

·
Registered
994 Posts
On the OBS trucks, the daytime running lights (the ones that come on when you put it in drive) and the headlights are two diff. bulbs.
At least mine are.

·
Registered
589 Posts
just take them out. or push dome overide button in/out like 3-4 times. but you will have to do it everytime you drive the truck

·
Registered
676 Posts
When daytime running lights first can out, I thought what a bunch of BS. Then when driving and a vehicle came out of a shadow and all I saw was the lights for a couple of seconds, I figured they are handy, if I can see him then he can see me. Just a thought!

·
Registered
272 Posts
removed my fuse and running HID's and it works perfectly...

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
I put in a set of TA8114 orange bulbs in mine,so when they do turn on,they look as if my park lights are on!!If you don't want them,pull bulbs or fuses..Personally I am fixing to run my aftermarket
fog lights off the DRL circuit!!

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
I just pulled my bulbs as well..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts