Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Rolling coal is fun but not in front of people or around people its cool and fun but don't be a *** i don't even like passing people it i can't do it with out smoking them out

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I feel the same about passing people. Have stepped on it a few times and seen a black cloud behind me and groan when I see it lol. Don't want them to think I'm an a-hole :)
I pass whenever I need to without any worries. Ahh the beauty of clean tunes :thumb

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can only smoke in my 110 tune when I nail it. Once the turbo spools it's clean. I've been smoked several times by all makes (dodge, ford, or GM... even a few Toyotas) but I usually respond with walking them without smoke. Nothing like pulling on a Cummins without smoking him, only to have him exit while you slow down to eyeball the driver.

At the track it's even better. They roll coal in the burn out box, and I just chill at the line. Then, when the race happens, I pull on them clean and win with no smoke. That's when get the "You ******* diesel poser, where did you get your Dmax badges?" That's when I pop the hood and school em.

Good times.

Just make sure to give it the beans before you show up, to clear out any soot in the exhaust. Hell, even if you puff at launch, they'll still be the smoker all the way down the track. Suckers.

I love having a smoke free diesel, saves my wallet for the important things.

·
Registered
292 Posts
yup i try not to allow my truck to smoke much.
one of my buds and i were talking about exhaust he got his 4 or 5" and wanted like a 12" tip i was likeee uuuh no then he says ya i like my edge juice with attitude to blow smoke around. i was like uhhhhh get out lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
i smoked this guy out who was running on the sidewalk right after i did my dpf and cat deletes just because i was totally not used to smoking at all (still doesnt smoke much) i had to pull over and appaulogize i felt so bad.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I pass whenever I need to without any worries. Ahh the beauty of clean tunes :thumb
Totally stock engine-wise, no tunes (yet) for me. Just pedal to the floor made it smoke a couple times.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I wish I was smoke free, but even my stock lbz smokes quite a bit on heavy throttle, and JustBetterInTexas how are you snoke free? Any turbo modifications or what? My atp tunes are still being written but on my lb7 I had bobo tunes and they smoked before the turbo lit up and then it was mostly a haze to medium smoke, can't wait to run the atp tunes on my lbz though... and if I woulda accidently smoked a pedestrian out I'd probably stop too, hell if I see someone else do it I might slow down and apologize for the other guy that smoked em out

·
Registered
111 Posts
Every truck I have passed in MA with stacks, mostly cummins and power strokes except one red chevy. blows smoke on me. I don't have any idea why? is it just because I have stacks too? I dont smoke much at all unless I get it really bogged down in mud. it really does piss me off the way some people decide to blow there smoke.

Clint

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Toolbags, that's why

·
Registered
4 Posts
smoke

what causes it anyway

·
Registered
4 Posts
smoke

the black smoke I mean, build up?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Wasted fuel thats not fully burnt, sometimes from a lack of required air

·
Registered
85 Posts
I wish I was smoke free, but even my stock lbz smokes quite a bit on heavy throttle, and JustBetterInTexas how are you snoke free? Any turbo modifications or what? My atp tunes are still being written but on my lb7 I had bobo tunes and they smoked before the turbo lit up and then it was mostly a haze to medium smoke, can't wait to run the atp tunes on my lbz though... and if I woulda accidently smoked a pedestrian out I'd probably stop too, hell if I see someone else do it I might slow down and apologize for the other guy that smoked em out
Sorry for the epic tardiness in replying...

I keep my air filter clean (monthly treatment with air compressor), my injectors are good (max of -1.5 for balance rates), the exhaust mods let the turbo spool, and I have good tunes. No turbo mods, everything motor-wise is in the sig. It also helps that I tend to tip into the throttle (albeit, sometimes quickly) then to stab it. I actually had a very slight increase in smoke with the lift pump, but it's to be expected with a slightly leaky injector (-1.5 means it's pulling fuel). I also use XDP Diesel Power Plus additive on the recommendation of the previous owner. Not sure what effect it has on smoke, because I've used it since I bought the truck. I will note, I have had several people be surprised to learn it's a diesel after riding in it. It starts quick and runs smooth, especially so after the tunes. I'm always quick to point out that a truck that sounds like a 747 is probably a diesel, but they don't know what a 747 sounds like. :rof

Have fun and keep it clean.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Sorry for the epic tardiness in replying...

I keep my air filter clean (monthly treatment with air compressor), my injectors are good (max of -1.5 for balance rates), the exhaust mods let the turbo spool, and I have good tunes. No turbo mods, everything motor-wise is in the sig. It also helps that I tend to tip into the throttle (albeit, sometimes quickly) then to stab it. I actually had a very slight increase in smoke with the lift pump, but it's to be expected with a slightly leaky injector (-1.5 means it's pulling fuel). I also use XDP Diesel Power Plus additive on the recommendation of the previous owner. Not sure what effect it has on smoke, because I've used it since I bought the truck. I will note, I have had several people be surprised to learn it's a diesel after riding in it. It starts quick and runs smooth, especially so after the tunes. I'm always quick to point out that a truck that sounds like a 747 is probably a diesel, but they don't know what a 747 sounds like. :rof

Have fun and keep it clean.

Ha I love that sweet sound of the turbo coming alive, and I wish I had better balance rates... mine are all in spec but not very close to zero and I believe that's why I have a slight haze, in just dont feel like replacing a bunch of injectors right now when I'm not even sure which one is causing them to be further from zero but since they are all in spec I probably will just see if one gets closer to coming out of spec and then start replacing em, but eventually I might add a lift pump but we will see!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Simply disrespect.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
And were back! Haha... just kidding! If we woulda been rolling down a road i woulda raced him though just to have some fun!

·
Registered
5 Posts
what a tool !!! they come in all shapes ans sizes though ...had a cummins (surprise surprise) roll coal on me about a week ago ...so I passed his ass and then slowed down and waited for him to catch me and then I walked away on him again !! when we got off the freeway he pulls next to me and my 6 year old rolls down the window and says "smoke dont mean power " I was laughing my ass off he must be listening to me too much :rof

before you start flamin me for playing with the kid in the truck I wanna say we never went past 80mph ..didnt have to

Hes going to be a good kid:thumb keep up the good work

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I only roll coal on tail gaters

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Lately in the slippery conditions if somebody is swerving in my lane or tailgating I'll get on it hard and get the rear end a little sideways and they immediately back off or get off there phones. Sucks when people are already in not so good road conditions and make it worse by driving distracted or being assholes.

Reactions: LS3 C5
41 - 60 of 61 Posts