Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered HIDs from DDM and recieved them today but they came in unmarked boxes!:help So how do I know which ones are 35w and 55w? Also which bulbs are the 6k - 9006 or the 8k - 9005? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Have you looked at the ballasts themselves? IIRC mine said 35w on them somewhere?? Maybe not... The bases for the 9005 and 9006s should be slightly different, just see which slot they fit in.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
^Agreed, my ballasts were marked themselves, and as adam said just pull the headlight housing and pretend it's a puzzle for like 5 minutes and you'll be golden

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
The 55Watt ballasts have DDM on them, and the 35watt ones are just smooth. And the lights will be labeled on one end on the box.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im talking more about the bulbs which ones are 9006 and 9005

·
Less than desired
992 Posts
I have ordered dozens of sets of ddm hids, and never bought a set that wasn't labeled somewhere on the box!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Probably cuz the damn things are from China! Why DDM doesn't stock these I have no idea! Im currently waiting for mine

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
mine was on the light housing that goes into the headlight

·
Registered
831 Posts
Do you not remember which temp you ordered for the highs and lows? Most people that go the 6000k/8000k rout do 6k/H and 8k/L.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts