Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently replaced the batteries in my 03. I drive it about 2-3 times a week. I recently went to get into my truck and it was so dead that I couldn't even unlock it with the remote. Could it be the alternator problem? The truck is mostly stock except for an intake. I have had the truck for about a year now and these are the first issues I am having with the truck. This is my first diesel so my diesel knowledge is farily limited. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Id make sure all the terminals are tight and clean then see if you have any problems. If you still have problems take your truck to you local Advance or auto parts store. Most of them will do a alt and battery check for free.

If your batteries are going bad after siting for a while Id doubt its the alternator. The alternator only charges the battery. If its not your terminals then there could also be a open circuit (light on etc.).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could be a grounding problem. Check your negative battery cable (on both batteries). If a ground is flaky, the vehicle body controller (example - door locks etc) will come in and out of sleep mode. This will drain the batteries for certain. Check both battery negative terminals for a tight fit and then look at other grounds. Good luck -- hope you find your issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is it killing your the battery in like 10 to 15 minutes? Can't jump start it? If so Check out Glow Plug control modul:drink

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it killing your the battery in like 10 to 15 minutes? Can't jump start it? If so Check out Glow Plug control modul:drink
YEAH,I JUST REPLACED ONE LAST WEEK(GLOW PLUG MODULE).SERVICE ENGINE SOON LIGHT WAS ON AND OFF FOR A FEW DAYS.GOT UP IN THE MORNING--NO JUICE!!!!:rof:rof:rof

1 - 7 of 7 Posts